1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Users awaiting manual approval display in moderation queue

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Darfuria, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

Topic title says it all. If manual approval is enabled, once a user has confirmed their email address (if email confirmation is enabled), the user's approval should show in the moderation queue so that moderators/administrators are aware that users have registered and are awaiting approval.

Softlineck and Blue like this.
  2. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

Yeah that will show up as soon as the email as been confirmed.

3. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

I have it enabled currently - just registered a new user and approved the email - nothing in the moderation queue. The user is still showing as awaiting approval in the ACP though.

4. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

Sorry I totally read your first post wrong, my bad.

No it doesn't appear to put them in the moderation queue, not sure if this would be classed as a bug though as it's an admin approval rather than moderation.

Not that I use that feature, but I think it would be better to have them show in the moderation queue as well as I only hit the admin panel when I need to do work. Having said that though I suppose if you use this you would know to check the admin panel.

5. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

Aye, you'd know to check - but it'd be better to be told. Besides - I have moderators for exactly this reason ;)

6. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

I tried searching but did not see this suggestion. Or maybe it's already a feature and I haven't found a way to enable it yet.

At the top of the forum when a member is a moderator or admin, we have alerts in the header at the top:

Moderation queue: 0 Reported items: 0

It would be helpful to have a third item up there--Users Awaiting Approval. I had a member sitting a few days without approval since none of us noticed it. (I had signed up with another test account shortly thereafter, so I did not see the name listed under "newest member.")

Somewhat related--is there a place I can set up where staff gets emails on this activity, or is this not possible? I'm going to poke around in the settings in a few minutes to see if I missed a setting or two, but our staff does not sit on the forum all day long, and most of us prefer email alerts, especially if posts are reported.

7. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Any chance of this becoming a core feature?

Digital Doctor likes this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Implemented in 1.1.4.

Straydog and BamaStangGuy like this.