• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 "Users Awaiting Approval" question

So in 1.2 you have this new option to approve users.

After two days, I have 29 pending. Not looking forwards to looking through them and deciding which of them is a spam account and which is not.

So question - Does every new registration go there, or only those that the system identifies as likely spam accounts?

Thanks.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
This isn't a new feature, it has always existed. You can force all registrations to be manually approved. Since 1.2 there's a few anti-spam features which can also require manual approval.

The number you have received surprises me.

I see one maybe every couple of weeks.

Are you sure you haven't got manual approval switched on for all new registrations?

Check the option here:

upload_2013-8-29_21-23-43.png

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Users there have been placed there because they have tripped spam thresholds. You can configure how these work in the "spam management" options.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's really up to you - lower thresholds will affect more people and possibly get false positives (but possibly block more spam). Higher thresholds will put fewer people into moderation but might miss actual spammers.