XF 2.0 Where is 'Users Awaiting Approval' page ?

Surendra.S

I have set Manual Approval for the members who completes their email validation.

In XF 1.5, when admin logs in to forum, in the forum home page, we have a link for "Users Awaiting Approval" page where all users awaiting approval would be listed.

Now, in XF 2.0, I can't find any such link.

How do I approve new members ?

Can you kindly guide me if I am missing something here.

You will have a approval queue in the header.

View attachment 183799
true ! but if I click that, it shows only the posts awaiting moderation.
I cant see any members there awaiting approval. (if I enter ACP, I can see 10 members are in awaiting approval state)

It shows 50 posts awaiting moderation (I have hundreds of posts awaiting moderation)
There is no pagination also. So I cant go to last page and check if any members are awaiting moderation.

It shows 50 posts awaiting moderation (I have hundreds of posts awaiting moderation)
Approve them or delete them. The queue is ordered by the content creation date (or registration date) so if you have new users awaiting approval but loads of old posts, then those old posts need to be handled first.

How does a site get into a position where it has hundreds of posts awaiting approval? Is this a typical build-up of content, or have the entries been in the queue for a long time?

Approve them or delete them. The queue is ordered by the content creation date (or registration date) so if you have new users awaiting approval but loads of old posts, then those old posts need to be handled first.

How does a site get into a position where it has hundreds of posts awaiting approval? Is this a typical build-up of content, or have the entries been in the queue for a long time?
Thank You @Chris D

But please understand that there may be multiple reasons why we keep lot of content in moderation. We have 12,000 posts out of which we intentionally kept 2,000 posts in queue (unapproved lot of posts as they need to be reviewed by our other moderators, and it takes really long time and so unlikely to be approved/deleted anytime soon.)

We had no problem in XF 1.5, as User Approval page was different from Content (Posts) Approval page.

But in XF 2.0, you mixed both into one page, so it has become problematic.

I understand your logic, but cannot understand why its done that way.

1) Why there is no pagination for the content approval ? (or) at least an option in content approval queue to see pending Users & Posts separately.

2) If there is no pagination, then the content queue should have displayed newer content first. (or at least we should be given option to list the content by newer/older date)

3) In ACP, there should have been a link for Users Awaiting Approval. Also I can see a clear DELETE symbol for every user, but no APPROVE symbol besides the user names awaiting approval. So apart from content approval queue on home page, I do not have a clear option to approve users in ACP.

Last edited:
Is there a way to reject a new account without notifying the user? I get spammers registering and I don't like sending anything back to them. I just want to nuke their account and be done with it. So when looking at the Approval Queue, it would be nice to have a fourth option for "action" to just delete. I don't want them tagged as rejected, I want the gone, as in removed from the database. Nor do I want to have to spend the time to go find the user's profile in the member list. I am not worried about the same username or email address being reused. That RARELY happens, if ever, on my current vB forum. At best, I can ban emails based on their domains, but the user names are often random gibberish. So while I understand the reason for the "rejected" option, it would sure be nice to also have the hard delete option.

Is there a way to reject a new account without notifying the user? I get spammers registering and I don't like sending anything back to them. I just want to nuke their account and be done with it. So when looking at the Approval Queue, it would be nice to have a fourth option for "action" to just delete. I don't want them tagged as rejected, I want the gone, as in removed from the database. Nor do I want to have to spend the time to go find the user's profile in the member list. I am not worried about the same username or email address being reused. That RARELY happens, if ever, on my current vB forum. At best, I can ban emails based on their domains, but the user names are often random gibberish. So while I understand the reason for the "rejected" option, it would sure be nice to also have the hard delete option.

I completely agree with your post. For now you might like to use this add-on:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/auto-delete-rejected.6351/

Agree with this completely.

We also don't use the 'Reject' option.

We just want to hard delete those unwanted users from database.

Though I won't say its 100% mandatory, it would be very very nice to also have the hard delete option by XenForo.

In fact if there aren't permissions operations for separating out that approval queue we will need to dump it and make our own. Disappointing if we do have to - it was working perfectly before.

There's a separate permission for being able to "Approve / reject users", so that can just be applied to only the moderators/users who you would want to be able to do that.

For upgrades from XF1, this permission is automatically granted only to the users who could access the old users queue in the Admin CP (so only to admins with the "Manage users" permission).

There's a separate permission for being able to "Approve / reject users", so that can just be applied to only the moderators/users who you would want to be able to do that.

For upgrades from XF1, this permission is automatically granted only to the users who could access the old users queue in the Admin CP (so only to admins with the "Manage users" permission).
OK. That didn't work in my upgrade - even the Super Admin account couldn't see the Approval queue.

Thing is, it mixes content approval with user account approval. They are two different things. This change just makes it harder to find user accounts that need action.

I will look at it more closely, but we will likely get an add on written to return it to its v1 functionality.

Top Bottom