Username Change by Siropu

Username Change by Siropu 1.2.5

No permission to download
Is there any way for the username change request to be moderated before it goes through?

As an admin I want to be able to accept or reject user name requests.

@Siropu great add-on. Thanks to @marquisite for sending me here. I have successfully installed the add-on for XF 1.5 but I want to do a couple of things:
- set it so that no users have the ability to change their name except admins
- set it so that users can go on other users' profiles and view their username change history

If you can tell me how this can happen, I would appreciate it. If Marquisite knows, I would appreciate any help.

@Vigilance If you check out the second to last screenshot 'UserPermissions.png', I believe you'd just set the "View username history" to Allow for your registered users group, and leave "Change username" as Not Set.

You may want to communicate to your admins about the "Change Username" page under the admin cp "Tools" tab. I think they'd need to use this tool so that the username change gets added to the member's profile, but I'm not 100% sure. Since installing this addon on my own forum I haven't tried changing a username via the regular admin cp edit user area. :)

@Vigilance If you check out the second to last screenshot 'UserPermissions.png', I believe you'd just set the "View username history" to Allow for your registered users group, and leave "Change username" as Not Set.

You may want to communicate to your admins about the "Change Username" page under the admin cp "Tools" tab. I think they'd need to use this tool so that the username change gets added to the member's profile, but I'm not 100% sure. Since installing this addon on my own forum I haven't tried changing a username via the regular admin cp edit user area. :)
Well see, I am not getting that option as an admin. Can you check your forum to see what you see under Tools>Change username options? I am seeing an option to change someone's username. Also seeing an option to add a table??

So yeah, installed the add-on and can change names with it but can't figure out how to see the "userpermissions.png" options etc

Top Bottom