XF 2.2 Usergroup Permissions Not Working For Me

Donny

Erased usergroups are not letting me do things I want to do.

I appear to have these deleted usergroups still applying permissions to my members.

I've cleaned permissions several times, even deleted an extra usergroup or two and those too go through the process of being deleted, but then still have their permissions applied.

I've ended up with this situation. Can anybody please help? It's doing my nut in.

1638209741428.webp

You seem to have serious issues, probably not smth. that can be fixed via peer to peer support.

I'd therefore reommend to open a support ticket as fixing this might involve (complicated) manual changes in MySQL tables.

Erased usergroups are not letting me do things I want to do.

I appear to have these deleted usergroups still applying permissions to my members.

I've cleaned permissions several times, even deleted an extra usergroup or two and those too go through the process of being deleted, but then still have their permissions applied.

I've ended up with this situation. Can anybody please help? It's doing my nut in.

View attachment 261053
Note, I had to update the thread title so please consider a better choice of words in future :) Though I appreciate that what you're experiencing is pretty frustrating.

This behaviour is far from expected and it likely points to some expected code not running correctly.

I assume this behaviour can be reproduced repeatedly? If so, please try again once more, but this time with all add-ons disabled. If it no longer happens in new attempts then that somewhat proves my suspicion that the code that runs after user groups are deleted is not running as expected.

Hopefully from there you can then identify the add-on.

If it doesn't appear to be add-on related then, yes, please submit a ticket with login details to admin control panel/cPanel/FTP/PhpMyAdmin and we'll take a closer look. You may also need our help to fix the data once the issue has been resolved.

Top Bottom