1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 User title not changing on usergroup change

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Shortie861, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Member

Hi there, I have just recently demoted one of my moderators back to a registered user, everything else seems to have changed i.e permissions and username colour but the user title in posts doesn't seem to want to change.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try this:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild User Caches
  3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Member

Thanks :) just run that and it doesn't seem to have changed.

I have the users set so that their primary usergroup is registered and then any other usergroups they should be part of are ticked, I unticked the moderator box to demote the member, could it be the way I have the usergroups set that it's causing a problem?
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If the title isn't coming from their usergroups then it must be a custom title. Edit their account in your Admin panel and check to see if they have a custom title set.
  5. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Have you removed them as a moderator? There's a separate link in the ACP for Admin/Mod assignment ... (y)
  6. Shortie861

Shortie861 Member

No, that is the one thing I haven't done my bad. Thanks for that :)

Edit: Done this but the super moderator title is still there.

7. Shortie861

Shortie861 Member

They had set it as a custom title :) have now removed this and they are now back to what they should be :)

Thanks for the help :)
    CyclingTribe likes this.