1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed User tags within profile posts comments not always generate an alert

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by imthebest, Jun 11, 2015.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

It looks to be due to the fact that I have also commented on the profile post so it's like I'm "watching" that profile post and I always get an alert whenever someone leaves a new comment.

However this morning @Daniel Hood tagged me here: https://xenforo.com/community/members/brogan.521/#profile-post-23714 (it's the comment at 10:18am)

And I only got the following alert:

dani.png

However I didn't got the alert for the tag (which is more important because it is a direct mention of my username).

Thanks,
    Super120

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Are you sure you have option for it selected in your alert preferences?

Alerts.PNG

You can tag me in a comment, though, if you wish so I can see if I get an alert.

3. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Looks like they have tagged users as the last to get the alert. If they already got an alert for another reason they won't get the tagged one. Just need to move it above the others.

4. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Yes, the option is marked. Ok I'll tag you in a profile post comment where you have also participated.

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm able to confirm this now. I did get an alert, but it just that you commented on the post, not that you tagged me.

Alert 1.PNG Alert 2.PNG

6. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

No. This doesn't need confirmation and spam tests. This is obviously in the code, it's just a matter of if it's intentional or an overlook.

The order goes:
    • comment_your_profile
    • comment_your_post
    • comment_other_commenter
    • And then it alerts the tagged users that haven't already gotten the alert.

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah we only send one alert to each user even if others are generated.

Indeed the question is whether the order is right. Mike and I have actually discussed this recently...

8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The order now goes:
    • comment_your_profile
    • comment_your_post
    • alert tagged users
    • comment_other_commenter
    (y)

Xon, Amaury and Daniel Hood like this.