Fixed User tags within profile posts comments not always generate an alert

imthebest

It looks to be due to the fact that I have also commented on the profile post so it's like I'm "watching" that profile post and I always get an alert whenever someone leaves a new comment.

However this morning @Daniel Hood tagged me here: https://xenforo.com/community/members/brogan.521/#profile-post-23714 (it's the comment at 10:18am)

And I only got the following alert:

dani.webp

However I didn't got the alert for the tag (which is more important because it is a direct mention of my username).

Thanks,
Super120

Are you sure you have option for it selected in your alert preferences?

Alerts.webp

You can tag me in a comment, though, if you wish so I can see if I get an alert.

Looks like they have tagged users as the last to get the alert. If they already got an alert for another reason they won't get the tagged one. Just need to move it above the others.

I'm able to confirm this now. I did get an alert, but it just that you commented on the post, not that you tagged me.

Alert 1.webp Alert 2.webp

No. This doesn't need confirmation and spam tests. This is obviously in the code, it's just a matter of if it's intentional or an overlook.

The order goes:
  • comment_your_profile
  • comment_your_post
  • comment_other_commenter
  • And then it alerts the tagged users that haven't already gotten the alert.

Yeah we only send one alert to each user even if others are generated.

Indeed the question is whether the order is right. Mike and I have actually discussed this recently...

Top Bottom