XF 1.2 User tagging alerts not working

Solari

Is there something I need to toggle somewhere so when someone is tagged @Name in a forum it's supposed to alert them? Thanks.

Edit a user groups permission, search the page for "tag" and it should find it. I don't know the exact wording off hand (however, it's one of the only numerical permissions).

I did, the only results that come up for "tag" is:

Maximum tag alerts per message (set to 5)
Allow block tags (code, quote, etc): (in signature area)

The first permission is the correct one. Have you used the permissions analyzer to determine what the user is allowed to tag? Are the users not getting alerts the 6th + tag in a post?

Was the post edited to include the tag?

Yes, the user was allowed unlimited tags (because of higher level). It was a new post. He tagged me and I don't have anything else set to tag or alert me on the thread. I did the same to him and he didn't get anything as well.

Yes, we modified these two per the file health check, which is all showed up. Those two we slightly modified to remove login box to redirect to a different one (integrated with wordpress).
  1. library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Logout.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.phpFile does not contain expected contents.

I went to the home admin page where you see the installed add-ons in the lower right and unchecked. I noticed they were gone from the forums so I know it turned them off.

If you send me the following pieces of information via PC I can look into a few things and run a few tests:
  • phpMyAdmin access (DB access)
  • FTP access
  • Admin details and a test account

Top Bottom