XF 1.3 User State: Awaiting Approval - Lock Them Down

Wesker

xenForo has a built in feature that a user state can change to awaiting approval. How can we set this up so when they are awaiting approval, they are locked down and for example can't create or post in inbox conversations tickets?

xenForo has a built in feature that a user state can change to awaiting approval. How can we set this up so when they are awaiting approval, they are locked down and for example can't create or post in inbox conversations tickets?
Errr.. pretty sure that ability is already there. Run a promotion and for requirements make sure that the following option in the promotion is active
Screen-Shot-2016-01-17-at-12.49.35-AM.webp
And then once their state changes it should remove them from that group (and that promotion). For that new group you have them promoted to, simply remove any posting ability you don't want them to have.

Users not in the "valid" state always have the permissions (when they're browsing) as that of a guest/unconfirmed user. (When seen from the other side -- the occasional time when they're permissions are checked externally -- they will still have the permissions that they would normally have.)

Errr.. pretty sure that ability is already there. Run a promotion and for requirements make sure that the following option in the promotion is active
View attachment 126452
And then once their state changes it should remove them from that group (and that promotion). For that new group you have them promoted to, simply remove any posting ability you don't want them to have.

Honestly didn't even see this was an option. Basically just trying to lock down people awaiting approval. I thought this was already done automatically but apparently not.

I just wanted to thank @Wesker for this inquiry and @Tracy Perry for answering it with a screen shot and a detailed response. I had wondered about the Promotion System and this thread does a good job of illustrating just how it can be used. (y) I was unaware that "...once their state changes it should remove them from that group" it could do this. :cool:

Top Bottom