XF 2.1 Using state 'awaiting approval' inside promotion rule doesn't stick.

Monkeytime

I want to assign all newly registered users to a secondary group. I thought promotion using 'awaiting approval' state would work. Log shows it worked and promotion value given. After approval, secondary user group is removed.

The wording is "Apply this promotion while...", so it seems syntactically correct that while 'not' in approval state anymore, the promotion wouldn't apply.

Is this indeed why the secondary group was removed? I don't see a "apply this promotion when" option.

What's the recommended way to apply a secondary user group to all new registrations? Thank you.

promotions.jpg

Last edited:
There really is no need to try to do it that way.

The simple and normal approach is to make sure registered group (which as you know is primary) need approval, ie Submit content without approval = no,

And you have a promotion requiring x number of posts adds a secondary group that has the permission Submit content without approval= yes

There is no intention to disallow content submission. But thank you.
same procedure applies. There is no need to aplly a secondary group until there is some criteria via a promotion or via an upgrade or via a warning or some other manual reason.

So you only need to start with one group. Or am I basically misunderstanding?

Set up a promotion with the criterion that the member is in the Registered user group.
That will change past users though. I'll have to resort to not logic of other groups. Not as clean because future elevated user groups need retouching here. I have my way forward. Thanks. (again reasons are really a private concern; lawyers etc...)

So by newly registered you mean after a certain date like today's date?

You could do it with this add-on and option #1 (see pic).
1594687292151.png

Top Bottom