XF 1.3 User registration issues

dekema2

Hello, users attempting to register on my forum are having problems register with us. They can register, but will not receive an email confirmation. Yet in the admin control panel, their state is awaiting email confirmation. I'm not quite sure how to fix this. Any suggestions?

You'll need to engage their support to check the e-mail logs. With it being shared hosting, it could be the IP address is blacklisted with certain mail services. You could always try switching to a 3rd party mail sender such as Mandrill. I've been using them for ~2 years now.

You'll need to engage their support to check the e-mail logs. With it being shared hosting, it could be the IP address is blacklisted with certain mail services. You could always try switching to a 3rd party mail sender such as Mandrill. I've been using them for ~2 years now.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do need to mention though that this problem only started recently, and before users were able to receive emails when they register. In fact, I tried registering myself yesterday and I got an email.

If it has only started happening recently and nothing has changed in your installation then that would indicate a server level issue.

If it is only happening for some users then it could be server or spam.

It could even be due to a limit on the amount of emails per day, for example.

If just one email is getting through then your installation is configured correctly.

If it has only started happening recently and nothing has changed in your installation then that would indicate a server level issue.

If it is only happening for some users then it could be server or spam.

It could even be due to a limit on the amount of emails per day, for example.

If just one email is getting through then your installation is configured correctly.

I think I found the issue, first there was no real email account on my webserver anyway. I guess I was just using my Gmail account to send for some reason.

I created an email account on my webserver for XenForo, however now emails are being stored as spam in my inbox, so if users do register they may not think to check there. Is there a way it can be read as regular mail?

Top Bottom