1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 User Promotion stopped working?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tommydamic68, Oct 2, 2016.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I just noticed, I have "user promotions" that reward a user when they reach a certain status with a ribbon - like below. It stopped working suddenly. Promotions not changed, only recent change on the back end was to update Tapatalk. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.50.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.53.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.53.24 AM.png

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have seen Tapatalk cause all sorts of weird problems. That is definitely a possibility.

Otherwise make sure the cron has been running:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions

3. tommydamic68

The default user title ladder works but I get duplicate names. Senior Lairian is twice.

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 5.51.02 AM.png

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

One is a user title and the other is a user banner. Presumably you have set the same text for both in that user group.

5. tommydamic68

Can it be one or the other?

6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You don't have to set both user titles and user banners in user groups, just set the one you want. I use banners only for my user groups (users get the user titles from the user title ladder).

tommydamic68 likes this.
  7. tommydamic68

I am getting frustrated with this. Here is the scenario. The user is set to a user group (see below) senior lairian, that would be their primary user group. I want to have them set to another user group for a month (see below) sphynx of the month, so I set priority to 1 for sphynx of the month user group, the primary user group is set to priority 12. Why does it not show sphynx of the month once the second user group is checked off? Its still shows just their primary group senior lairian Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 5.25.17 AM.png . Thoughts?

SL.png sotm.png user.png

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It explains this in the explanation text under styling priority:

You have set Sphynx of the Month to the lowest display styling priority (in this case, 1). The higher the number, the higher the priority.

tommydamic68 likes this.
  9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you're talking about the banner, then only one will be displayed unless you enable "Allow Banner Stacking". Otherwise, it comes from the highest priority.

tommydamic68 likes this.
  10. tommydamic68

Yes the banner. But i only want one banner to show. I thought priority 1 would override all. So if I change sphynx of the month to the highest number it should override all usergroups?

11. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Yes.

tommydamic68 likes this.
  12. tommydamic68

Ok - that worked, but, from which group will her permissions come from?

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 9.10.29 PM.png

13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All - permissions are cumulative.

14. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I'm surprised at this question, as someone who has used XenForo for some time I'd have thought you would have understood how the permission system works.

As Brogan said, permissions are cumulative across all user groups that a member is in.

Take a look at this guide to permissions if you haven't seen it before:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

15. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

And what concerns me MOST of all is his statement
    And then to expect that promotions/ladders are going to work "correctly". Unless I'm misunderstanding his use of "their primary user group". If he meant their user group for banners then that should be reflected, but when I read "primary user group" I assume that it is replacing Registered at the Primary User Group.