XF 1.5 User Promotion stopped working?

tommydamic68

Hello,

I just noticed, I have "user promotions" that reward a user when they reach a certain status with a ribbon - like below. It stopped working suddenly. Promotions not changed, only recent change on the back end was to update Tapatalk. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.50.53 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.53.13 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.53.24 AM.webp

I have seen Tapatalk cause all sorts of weird problems. That is definitely a possibility.

Otherwise make sure the cron has been running:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions

I am getting frustrated with this. Here is the scenario. The user is set to a user group (see below) senior lairian, that would be their primary user group. I want to have them set to another user group for a month (see below) sphynx of the month, so I set priority to 1 for sphynx of the month user group, the primary user group is set to priority 12. Why does it not show sphynx of the month once the second user group is checked off? Its still shows just their primary group senior lairianScreen Shot 2016-11-08 at 5.25.17 AM.webp . Thoughts?

SL.webp sotm.webp user.webp

It explains this in the explanation text under styling priority:

If a user is in multiple user groups, their user title and user name CSS will come from the group with the highest display styling priority.

You have set Sphynx of the Month to the lowest display styling priority (in this case, 1). The higher the number, the higher the priority.

If you're talking about the banner, then only one will be displayed unless you enable "Allow Banner Stacking". Otherwise, it comes from the highest priority.

Yes the banner. But i only want one banner to show. I thought priority 1 would override all. So if I change sphynx of the month to the highest number it should override all usergroups?

Ok - that worked, but, from which group will her permissions come from?
I'm surprised at this question, as someone who has used XenForo for some time I'd have thought you would have understood how the permission system works.

As Brogan said, permissions are cumulative across all user groups that a member is in.

Take a look at this guide to permissions if you haven't seen it before:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

I'm surprised at this question, as someone who has used XenForo for some time I'd have thought you would have understood how the permission system works.
And what concerns me MOST of all is his statement
The user is set to a user group (see below) senior lairian, that would be their primary user group.
And then to expect that promotions/ladders are going to work "correctly". Unless I'm misunderstanding his use of "their primary user group". If he meant their user group for banners then that should be reflected, but when I read "primary user group" I assume that it is replacing Registered at the Primary User Group.

Top Bottom