1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 User promotion issue => Follow message moderation rules

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Betclever, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

I renamed "member" to "registered" and created a new group "member".
    I made an user promotion and I checked everything and it works but I have to moderate all posts even for members who have more than 3 messages.

I don't know why cause the priority is set to 3 for registered members and to 4 for members.
    I put the box Follow message moderation rules to NO for the registered group and I put the same option to YES for the group member.

Cron task ran 2 times to be sure and I purged the cache for User promotion.

Please check attached captures.
    I think the problem comes cause the primary user group stays the registered one and not the member one but I put the priority to 4 for members and it still on 3 for the group registered...

What's wrong please?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

I know cause I followed everything which is in that tutorial but I'm still have issue and it becomes a problem cause no one can't post anymore and I have to manually validate each post...
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You haven't set it up correctly then as I use exactly that approach on my own site.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Use the permissions analyser to show the message moderation permission and post a screenshot.
  6. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

I have this for a member:

General Permissions - Follow message moderation rules
    Global Permission Values
    Membre: Allow
    Final Value (Global): No
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There's your problem. You said you used NO. You didn't, you used Never. Never cannot be overridden. You should generally always use Not Set (No) instead.
  8. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

Thanks Martok, it works. I have now "Yes" as final value. :)