1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed User Profile: Modify User link does not work without Javascript

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Marcus, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Just a short segment of the popup is displayed, the link itself is not clickeable.
  2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Could you show me a screengrab of the problem please?
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I had a look at this the other day. I wasn't sure what was meant by "Modify User" link... I presumed it was the "Moderator Tools" menu in user profiles. With JS disabled, occasionally the menu glitches on hover and is unusable, or, more frequently, a link appears but it is not clickable:

JS Disabled:

JS Enabled:

Compare that to the Thread Tools drop down which works with JS disabled.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The thread tools dropdown didn't work with out JS for some time actually. I think there was a change sometime in 1.2 involving display: table. That might be workable here.

However, conversely, we've generally held that moderators should be expected to have JS enabled (like admins).
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Marcus likes this.
  5. Chris D

I don't disagree. You're too kind to normal users who have JS disabled :)
  6. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

In Windows 8.1 Firefox latest regular release it looks like this with latest noscript enabled for everything:

In the debugger the elements are displayed like this:

7. Chris D

Have you changed the phrase or something? Profile Options isn't something I recognise as being in the core.
  8. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Yes my phrases are modified.
  9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think the overflow: hidden isn't necessary anyway, as it was on a float: right element, which triggers float containment itself. (Though the menu may still go off the right edge with JS disabled.)