******* - User Profile Cover [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. This mod needs a bit of work before I'll donate....
I don't mind donating (specifically to remove the copyright) since it currently works the way I need it to. Problem is lack of response by the author will usually end up me removing the add-on and not using/purchasing anything else from said author (not specific to @******* but any add-on author).

@*******, I've got a message in moderation at your site asking about how to pay to remove the copyright text. I already donated via the donate button but haven't heard back.
Exactly what is needed to remove the copyright. Is it a fixed amount, is it just a donation as I've done or what?
I had branding removal version. Just PC him/her in this forum.

FYI - the price you pay for free.
@*******, I've got a message in moderation at your site asking about how to pay to remove the copyright text. I already donated via the donate button but haven't heard back.
Exactly what is needed to remove the copyright. Is it a fixed amount, is it just a donation as I've done or what?
@******* - you have had people express the problem of the image losing its alignment on refresh…why do you not address the issue?

Edit: Add on removed until the author fixes known bug.

Well in all fairness man it's free and it only came out 6 days ago. I think it's pretty damn good for a beta. I actually bought nobita's version and this one is hands down nicer I think. I am going to pay for the branding free version as soon as he sorts the bug.

It's not free- your giving him permission to tag his company name and link on your forum. Free or not, as an example of his work, free add ons from an author is a direct reflection of the quality of their product and time frame thy take to address bugs and your confidence as a consumer to perhaps purchase one of his paid add ons. I get your point though. ;)

My point is give him more than a week to fix it. And it's pretty much free. He takes donations of any amount and he then gives you a branding free version.

I totally agree. You can't beat the fact that you can donate any amount and you get the instructions to remove the branding. Bugs or not I went ahead and donated some.

I don't mind donating (specifically to remove the copyright) since it currently works the way I need it to. Problem is lack of response by the author will usually end up me removing the add-on and not using/purchasing anything else from said author (not specific to @******* but any add-on author).

This may help you guys - it's the code I use for the Advanced Statistics. I've noticed that since I've installed this, I don't have the Copyright show,so it's probably the same code for all mods.

<Removed by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
This may help you guys - it's the code I use for the Advanced Statistics. I've noticed that since I've installed this, I don't have the Copyright show,so it's probably the same code for all mods.

Add this to EXTRA.CSS and let me know if it works.
I don't remove copyrights from add-on's that I haven't gotten approval to do so with... so until I hear from @******* it will remain in place or if I don't hear from him the add-on removed from my forum and I'll just consider it as money spent unwisely. :)

EDIT:

******* responded to my conversation and the copyright process was given to me so I'm a VERY happy camper now. :D

Last edited:
I have edited your post and removed the code you posted.

Please do not bypass the copyright, nor encourage others to do so, unless the developer has explicitly permitted it.
Abuse of add-ons in this manner will result in account restrictions.

I have edited your post and removed the code you posted.

Please do not bypass the copyright, nor encourage others to do so, unless the developer has explicitly permitted it.
Abuse of add-ons in this manner will result in account restrictions.

Brogan,

It was code that ******* had posted to be used in the Advanced Statistics mod and was publicly viewable. Therefore, how on gods name have i breached anything? I think I'm owed an apology.

Yes, it was for a different mod, but I haven't deliberately breached or circumvented anything.

Brogan,

It was code that ******* had posted to be used in the Advanced Statistics mod and was publicly viewable. Therefore, how on gods name have i breached anything? I think I'm owed an apology.

Yes, it was for a different mod, but I haven't deliberately breached or circumvented anything.

Apparently it was posted in that area, for that add-on. It wasn't posted here by *******.

I have purchased Branding Removal myself for this add-on, and that was not the code I was given on how to remove it.

Apparently it was posted in that area, for that add-on. It wasn't posted here by *******.

I have purchased Branding Removal myself for this add-on, and that was not the code I was given on how to remove it.

It was publicly posted nevertheless Sheldon, right? So I have not breached or circumvented anything. It was posted in good faith. The reason I posted it was due to the fact that I didn't see a copyright come up for the Profile cover when having that enabled for the Statistics mod.

It may not be for that add-on, but that doesn't explain why it didn't show up for me. My point remains that, accusing me of circumventing copyright when I post a code snippet which the developer himself posted is not on.

It was publicly posted nevertheless Sheldon, right? So I have not breached or circumvented anything. It was posted in good faith. The reason I posted it was due to the fact that I didn't see a copyright come up for the Profile cover when having that enabled.

It may not be for that add-on, but that doesn't explain why it didn't show up for me. My point remains that, accusing me of circumventing copyright when I post a code snippet which the developer himself posted is not on.

I don't know, I haven't read that thread. But if posted in there, sure. Rock it out. If it happens to hide it for all of them, so be it.

******* hasn't posted it in here. If the author posts it, all is well. It shouldn't be up to any forum member to post any information on how to remove a developers copyright.

Certainly, I'm using Opera 20.0.1387.91. It works better than before. But you still need to refresh the page, etc. I ended up using a profile picture that wasn't as tall and it seems to work perfectly. I'd be more than happy to test it with larger images, and post the results.

And I'll be donating next month. :)

There's a difference between hiding it (which is what you showed) and removing it.

******* updated ******* - User Profile Cover with a new update entry:

15/04/2014: Version 1.2.3

- Fixed bug on cover doesn't change position after reposition.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom