If this is UI.X2, just add this to your extra.less and you're good to go:
CSS:
.memberHeader-avatar,
.memberHeader-content {
    /* Adjust the color as you see fit */
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0);
}
Thank you,

Do you know if this can be on only for the user with a background cover? I don't want the overlay if a user doesn't have a background picture.

Let me know, thank you!

Do you know if this can be on only for the user with a background cover? I don't want the overlay if a user doesn't have a background picture

Yup, it can. The header is prefixed with the class hasCover if a profile cover is in place. So basically all you got to do is update the css selectors to

CSS:
.hasCover > .memberHeader-avatar,
.hasCover > .memberHeader-content {
}

Yup, it can. The header is prefixed with the class hasCover if a profile cover is in place. So basically all you got to do is update the css selectors to

CSS:
.hasCover > .memberHeader-content {
}
Very cool! Thank you sir, going to buy that addon.

Sorry to bother you again,
I tried to add that line of css so my username can turn white when a cover picture is on, but i doesn't work?

CSS:
.hasCover > .memberHeader-content,
.hasCover > .memberHeader-name {
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    text-color: #fff;
}

Thank you for this addon!

Here are some "must have" (in my opinion) features that will make this addon perfect.

Suggestion 1: would be great to have the same or a different cover for user quick overview boxes:
1522398036383.webp

I think it is important because not many users go to profile pages. More often they use these quick boxes to get more info about the poster without going to profile page.

Suggestion 2: allow users to choose the color of the text above cover. It is important because some covers might be mostly white or black and style properties will not work for all variations resulting in users being limited.

Last edited:
Suggestion 2: allow users to choose the color of the text above cover. It is important because some covers might be mostly white or black and style properties will not work for all variations resulting in users being limited.

Combine it with User Improvements to let users select their own user name color.

katsulynx updated [KL] Profile Cover with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Beta 2

Changelog
Bugfixes & Changes
  • A background overlay has been added to improve readability of profiles with bright background motives.
  • Text color has been changed to white to improve readability. You may change this and the above in the style properties section, if you don't like it.
  • Profile covers are now updated live when selecting a new profile cover file, just like avatars...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @katsulynx

There seems to be a slight bug with the update. The update doesn't appear available to install when I upload the files. I then attempted to uninstall the add-on and reinstall, now it still doesn't work and says its missing necessary files. I tried to purge its files from the FTP server and re-upload beta2 but it now isn't appearing available to install.

The update has caused the addon to stop working.

Like above had problems installing, had to delete and do a new install. Applied for permissions again, but now when I click on profile cover to upload nothing happens.

Like above had problems installing, had to delete and do a new install. Applied for permissions again, but now when I click on profile cover to upload nothing happens.

I've updated the download about an hour ago. Make sure you've used these files for updating and if you have not, do a clean reinstall.

I've updated the download about an hour ago. Make sure you've used these files for updating and if you have not, do a clean reinstall.
Sadly the new update doesn't work.

Didn't use this plugin before. Was a clean install, same issue the Picom person is having. Once you click on profile cover it just loads forever.

Does the browser console log anything when you click the profile cover button? In most browsers you can open the developer tools by pressing F12 on your keyboard, then select the 'Console' tab.

Does the browser console log anything when you click the profile cover button? In most browsers you can open the developer tools by pressing F12 on your keyboard, then select the 'Console' tab.
Yes actually!

Code:
profile-cover.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:43 Uncaught TypeError: XF.proxy is not a function
    at c.init (profile-cover.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:43)
    at c (core-compiled.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:115)
    at e (core-compiled.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:116)
    at HTMLFormElement.<anonymous> (core-compiled.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:116)
    at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at r.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at Object.f [as initialize] (core-compiled.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:116)
    at Object.activate (core-compiled.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:43)
    at b.__construct (core-compiled.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:97)
    at new b (core-compiled.js?_v=cb4f5ac7:68)

Top Bottom