1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 User not getting promoted as expected

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Stuart Wright, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

So I have a promotion set up to add usergroup Member 2 to members when they are usergroup Member 1, have been registered 24 hours and have 3 positive post ratings.
    This seems to be working but one member isn't getting promoted as he should.
    He is in usergroup Member 1 (called 'registered' by default), registered last Monday and has 4 positive post ratings.
    Where do I look to debug this please?

temp1.jpg

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When did the member last log in?

3. Stuart Wright

about 20 minutes before I checked what was going on. I know logging in triggers the promotions check.
    It hasn't worked in his case.

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Did the user login through tapatalk?

5. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Has the user been previously automatically promoted, and then the promotion manually reversed? IIRC once a record of the auto-promotion exists it is never (automatically) re-applied.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As posted above, do a search for the member and promotion.

If it appears as Promotion Disabled, like this:
    upload_2013-11-23_16-14-36.png

You need to click on the red X at the right hand side to enable the promotion.

7. Stuart Wright

He has no promotion history. (Thanks for pointing me to that page - it's useful). I've asked about Tapatalk.
    The inference is that Tapatalk doesn't process promotions. Do you know if that is the case?

8. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

9. Stuart Wright

Just ran the cron and he's still the same. I'm going to have to manually promote him, but I reckon this is a bug in Xenforo somewhere.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you haven't promoted him, you can send me ftp/acp/db access and I can look at a few areas I know will give issues.

11. Stuart Wright

Thanks Jeremy but he'd been very patient waiting to trade in our classifieds for something like a week, and I had to give him access.