Awaiting feedback  User Message Count Incorrect

Shaun Mason

I have had multiple complaints about people noticing their post count going down.

At first I thought it was due to deletes and such, but I started to poke in the database and sure enough, I think they are correct.

Using my user_id, my message_count in xf_user is hundreds of posts lower than the count of posts I have made in xf_post or xf_thread_user_post. I've been digging into the source to try to find where the xf_user.message_count is updated, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Any insight?

I found where it increments the message_count field in Xenforo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage _updateUserMessageCount.

So, somehow I need to figure out how to set them correctly.

This has also happened to me, it happened straight after the ipb import > Xenforo. Did you convert Shaun?

I first noticed the problem when I was trying the spam cleaner for the first time. I used the search to find all the messages by a certain member, it totalled to 10 I think it was, then and the person's message account said they had 12 messages. Maybe it's a conversion issue.

If that was straight out of IPB, then the post counts would've come from IPB. We don't control that at import time.

Top Bottom