1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awaiting Feedback User Message Count Incorrect

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Shaun Mason, May 18, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Active Member

I have had multiple complaints about people noticing their post count going down.

At first I thought it was due to deletes and such, but I started to poke in the database and sure enough, I think they are correct.

Using my user_id, my message_count in xf_user is hundreds of posts lower than the count of posts I have made in xf_post or xf_thread_user_post. I've been digging into the source to try to find where the xf_user.message_count is updated, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Any insight?
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Active Member

I found where it increments the message_count field in Xenforo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage _updateUserMessageCount.

So, somehow I need to figure out how to set them correctly.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Without any specific reproduction steps, we can't do any debugging.
  4. Iestyn

Iestyn Active Member

This has also happened to me, it happened straight after the ipb import > Xenforo. Did you convert Shaun?

I first noticed the problem when I was trying the spam cleaner for the first time. I used the search to find all the messages by a certain member, it totalled to 10 I think it was, then and the person's message account said they had 12 messages. Maybe it's a conversion issue.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If that was straight out of IPB, then the post counts would've come from IPB. We don't control that at import time.