User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
Hi Xon, this addon seems to be flat out not working for me. I have it installed and have set the Permissions to "Yes" for the Administrators group, yet when I try to tag any groups it doesn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

edit to add that all my users have Registered as the primary group. What I'm trying to do is tag the Registered group, but it doesn't work, nor does tagging the Administrators group. Thanks

Last edited:
You need to opt user groups into being enabled for user group mentions (that is the group itself via edit group), and then enable a user group "user group mentions" permissions.

Hello Xon,
i want to disable the mention-system for guests. They should not see the usernames @Username in the postings. If that is not possible, then i want to remove the complete mention system. Is this possible?

best regards
René

Hello Xon,
i want to disable the mention-system for guests. They should not see the usernames @Username in the postings. If that is not possible, then i want to remove the complete mention system. Is this possible?

best regards
René
This add-on doesn't support that, it gets close with the option "Block mention rendering if the user has no permissions to use mentions" and disabling user mentions for a usergroup but this doesn't effect existing posts.

Nice to add to this option for user mentions to trigger an alert when you edit a post to add a mention.

It triggers a notification on post, but I don't believe it does if you go back and edit. Try it yourself, or see if you got a notification for that tag I just edited in.

It triggers a notification on post, but I don't believe it does if you go back and edit. Try it yourself, or see if you got a notification for that tag I just edited in.
Yes I know, that was the point of my post here - I would like alerts when you are mentioned in a post edit, not just the when the message is first posted

Top Bottom