User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
xenforo 2.2 beta when posting (question) thread

Code:
Server error log

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Declaration of SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Repository\UserAlert::alert(XF\Entity\User $receiver, $senderId, $senderName, $contentType, $contentId, $action, array $extra = Array) should be compatible with XF\Repository\UserAlert::alert(XF\Entity\User $receiver, $senderId, $senderName, $contentType, $contentId, $action, array $extra = Array, array $options = Array) src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php:10

Generated by: Unknown account Jul 23, 2020 at 6:26 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(444): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Dec...', '/home/otra/publ...', 10, Array)
#1 src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(444): include()
#2 src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(322): Composer\Autoload\includeFile('/home/otra/publ...')
#3 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('SV\\UserMentions...')
#4 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('SV\\UserMentions...')
#5 src/XF/Extension.php(172): class_exists('SV\\UserMentions...')
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(255): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Repository\\U...', '\\XF\\Mvc\\Entity\\...')
#7 src/XF/App.php(2685): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getRepository('XF:UserAlert')
#8 src/XF/Cron/CleanUp.php(132): XF\App->repository('XF:UserAlert')
#9 [internal function]: XF\Cron\CleanUp::runHourlyCleanUp(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#10 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#14 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#15 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(14) "/xtest/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(35) "https://otra.org.uk/xtest/admin.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Delete

xenforo 2.2 beta when posting (question) thread

Code:
Server error log

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Declaration of SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Repository\UserAlert::alert(XF\Entity\User $receiver, $senderId, $senderName, $contentType, $contentId, $action, array $extra = Array) should be compatible with XF\Repository\UserAlert::alert(XF\Entity\User $receiver, $senderId, $senderName, $contentType, $contentId, $action, array $extra = Array, array $options = Array) src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php:10

Generated by: Unknown account Jul 23, 2020 at 6:26 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(444): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Dec...', '/home/otra/publ...', 10, Array)
#1 src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(444): include()
#2 src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(322): Composer\Autoload\includeFile('/home/otra/publ...')
#3 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('SV\\UserMentions...')
#4 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('SV\\UserMentions...')
#5 src/XF/Extension.php(172): class_exists('SV\\UserMentions...')
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(255): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Repository\\U...', '\\XF\\Mvc\\Entity\\...')
#7 src/XF/App.php(2685): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getRepository('XF:UserAlert')
#8 src/XF/Cron/CleanUp.php(132): XF\App->repository('XF:UserAlert')
#9 [internal function]: XF\Cron\CleanUp::runHourlyCleanUp(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#10 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#14 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#15 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(14) "/xtest/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(35) "https://otra.org.uk/xtest/admin.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Delete
Can you try this version? Requires php 7.0, but should work with XF2.1 and XF2.2

It requires this add-on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/standard-library-by-xon.7915/

Attachments

I have your standard library installed as well and upgraded to the recent update of this addon and it broke the forum, resulting in my being unable to reply to my own threads "insufficient privileges" ( dont think I had the problem with the previous version). The problem may be more complex than just that, but all I can say is when I disabled this addon the problem was gone. I guess I will have to downgrade until resolved, but please advise. Thanks.

Last edited:
@XiaoMo did you checked the permissions after upgrade? Maybe there're changes and you did not have the permissions to do what you want to do.

This add-on doesn't actually block posting in any way. It may disable mentions, but this doesn't affect actually replying.

@XiaoMo did you checked the permissions after upgrade? Maybe there're changes and you did not have the permissions to do what you want to do.
Well, I did not change any permissions, and I would imagine this upgrade should also not change permissions. if it does that would important to know I think. Regardless, I did not change any of this kind of permission (the affected area) after the upgrade.

Here is the important issue though- I found one of my own threads and was not seeing the comment/reply box but had an alert at the bottom of the page saying "insufficient privileges". I then went and used the permissions analyzer for that node showing that did NOT have permission to comment. When I clicked 'details' the permissions math showed that I DID have permission, such as (many more yes than no, and no nevers). I found this very confusing anyhow so then I went and did a sitewide edit of my user permissions to make sure I should have all access to everything, and yet I still could not reply. So then it just occurred to me that this might be a bug and I started disabling addons, and when I got this one, my reply box reappeared. It is that simple. I dont know the answer but something is happening with this upgrade. I had no problem wth the previous version. I have since re-installed the previous version and it works fine.

Comments welcome, I still would like to upgrade if it can be fixed.

@XiaoMo I'ld recommend doing a forcing permission rebuild. Which ironically happens if you disable/enable this add-on.
I am not sure how to do that. Would that revert to some previous permissions? (and how would this effect the ability to reply, which was not involved with permissions?)

Disable & enable an add-on which has permissions will force a permissions rebuild. But you'll need to use the "analyze permission" feature on a target forum to confirm what the configuration is, as how permissions stack can be difficult to reason with.

Top Bottom