User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
You can check that an email was sent to the given email address in roughly the expected time period, this should indicate if they are being sent as expected.

Can you check your server mail logs and see if the email is actually sent? It might be hitting the user's spam folder

OK, have done some testing.

The test user is Curtis and I mentioned him at 10.15 (see screenshots below of Curtis preferences and the mention)
Curtis then replied and I replied to curtis at 10.18 so Curtis should have got an email notifying the mention at 10.15 and an email notifying my reply at 10.18

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 10.13.52.webp

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 10.28.30.webp

The sending logs (with full emails redacted of course)

logs.webp

Curtis is the @otra.org.ukaddress.
My email is @cafesaxophone.comaddress.

As you can see from logs

10.02 email to a member
10.17 email to me notifying of Curtis's reply
10.18 email to Curtis notifying him of my reply to him

So nothing regarding the mention at 10.15

Reactions: Xon
You can check that an email was sent to the given email address in roughly the expected time period, this should indicate if they are being sent as expected.
I tried with a test user - subscribed them to mentions emails, and mentioned them. No emails sent to that email address. So it's as my users have said - no emails are sent.

Will look into it. I'm positive it used to work at some stage :(
Ok I have just done a bit of testing .

I reinstalled an earlier version on a forum where I know this used to work when that version was installed (2.4.5) but now (with 2.6.4) it is not working (checking mailgun logs that show a post reply alert again but no mention alert)

When it was working I believe it was xenforo 2.14, so maybe it is xenforo 2.1.5 that has something which conflicts, otherwise I'd expected the reverted 2.4.5 of usermens Improvements to work again.

Unless of course it's a conflict with some other addon, but I do have very few on that forum.

Last edited:
Ok I have just done a bit of testing .

I reinstalled an earlier version of a forum where I know this used to work when that version was installed (2.4.5) but now it is not working (checking mailgun logs that show a post reply alert again but no mention alert)

When it was working I believe it was xenforo 2.14, so maybe it is xenforo 2.1.5 that has something which conflicts, otherwise I'd expected the reverted 2.4.5 of usermens Improvements to work again.

Unless of course it's a conflict wityh some other addon, but I do have vey few on that forum.
Update: the test mention just came through!

Will do some more testing

Will do some more testing

Tested on 2 forums now (xf 2.1.5). UMI 2.4.5 works fine, then if I go back to 2.6.4 it doesn't send emails.

Unfortunately I didn't do any intermediate udates for this addon so those are the only two versions I have the file for, otherwise I'd happily test a ew more to see if I can pinpoint the exact version it stopped working.

Thanks xon! But...

Code:
    TypeError: Argument 2 passed to XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager::findByIds() must be of the type array, object given, called in /home/caf/public_html/src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Service/Post/Notifier.php on line 43 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php:198

Generated by: Pete Thomas Dec 13, 2019 at 5:16 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Service/Post/Notifier.php(43): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->findByIds('XF:User', Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#1 src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Service/Post/Notifier.php(173): SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Service\Post\Notifier->getUsers(Array)
#2 src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Service/Post/Notifier.php(124): SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Service\Post\Notifier->_addExtraAlertInfo('mention', Array)
#3 src/XF/Service/AbstractNotifier.php(204): SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Service\Post\Notifier->addNotifications('mention', Array, true, false)
#4 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(203): XF\Service\AbstractNotifier->setMentionedUserIds(Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(330): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->sendNotifications()
#6 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(463): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->finalizeThreadReply(Object(XF\Service\Thread\Replier))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "/threads/test-mention-curtis.27855/add-reply"
  ["referrer"] => string(64) "https://xf2.cafesaxophone.com/threads/test-mention-curtis.27855/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(25) "<p>xxxxxxx @Curtis</p>"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "c19f09ceedf5ab3361185f7e4b00c716"
    ["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(87) "{"type":"post","context":{"thread_id":27855},"hash":"c19f09ceedf5ab3361185f7e4b00c716"}"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1576257282"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1576257282"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(35) "/threads/test-mention-curtis.27855/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Xon
Sorry to report that the latest version disables mentions altogether - '@Someone' in a post is no longer a live mention. Disabling the add-on restores the functionality.

Top Bottom