User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
The FAQ says to run "update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_tag = 1;" but that field doesn't exist. I assume it's "sv_email_on_mention"?

It looks like you haven't uploaded the files into the correct directory. You need to upload the contents of the upload directory to your webroot, and preserve the path structure.

Also, getting any error messages from the javascript console or the eror log would be helpful
I got it working, downloaded the addon for XF1

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object in src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Entity/User.php at line 56
XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Entity/User.php at line 56
SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User->_getMentionContentTypeAndId() in src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Entity/User.php at line 64
SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User->canMention() in src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php at line 43
SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Service\Message\Preparer->prepare() in src/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php at line 98
XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage() in src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php at line 85
SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/Repository/ContentMentions.php at line 50
SV\UserEssentials\Repository\ContentMentions->SV\UserEssentials\Repository\{closure}() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/Repository/ContentMentions.php at line 275
SV\UserEssentials\Repository\ContentMentions->getContentPreparer() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/Repository/ContentMentions.php at line 215
SV\UserEssentials\Repository\ContentMentions->SV\UserEssentials\Repository\{closure}() in src/XF.php at line 393
XF::asVisitor() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/Repository/ContentMentions.php at line 235
SV\UserEssentials\Repository\ContentMentions->rebuildContentMentions() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/Job/ContentMentionsAll.php at line 112
SV\UserEssentials\Job\ContentMentionsAll->rebuildById() in src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php at line 47
XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/Job/ContentMentionsAll.php at line 119
SV\UserEssentials\Job\ContentMentionsAll->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 241
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 187
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 76
XF\Job\Manager->runQueue() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 139
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 329
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Running into this while doing a rebuild of content mentions. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the free add-on, @Xon.

This addon is not designed to deal with large group memberships. This feature may be added in the future.

Around how large can a group be to work with this add-on without issues? We want to use mentionable user groups for moderators and have emails sent to the members in registered user group (20k+ members) when they're mentioned.

Around how large can a group be to work with this add-on without issues? We want to use mentionable user groups for moderators and have emails sent to the members in registered user group (20k+ members) when they're mentioned.
The group pop-up easily hits the memory limit as it isn't paged. Sending large amounts alerts/emails should be ok now since XF2 sends them via a background task

Reactions: sgr
How to set

Code:
update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_mention = 1;
update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_quote = 1;

by default for new registered users without having to use MySQL every time?

Thank you.

How to set

Code:
update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_mention = 1;
update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_quote = 1;

by default for new registered users without having to use MySQL every time?

Thank you.
Under User Registration in the admincp, the "default registration values" section;

(I've got quite a few add-ons which extend it)

Definitely like this add-on. If there's something I'd suggest to add would be the button to reach the post when we receive an e-mail for a mention or a quote.

Only the thread title is clickable as link, but I see there's no button to open the forum like in all the default xenforo emails.

Any reason why as an admin with all UMI options enabled for the Administrative group I cannot tag @Administrative(or any group). I think I'm overlooking something. I can only get users to pop up.

Top Bottom