User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
Xon updated User Mentions Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.1.0 - Feature update

• Rework user mentioned/quoted email templates
    • Support sending quoted text when mentioned (or quoted)
    • Can be up to X characters, all characters or no characters.
  • User mentioned/quoted emails now properly support email opt-out links
  • User mentioned emails now support:
    • Reports
    • Profile Posts
    • Profile Post Comments
  • Note; these content types are not suitable for large volumes of mentions generating emails due to this

Read the rest of this update entry...

I uploaded this add-on to my Xenforo 2.0.3 forum. I can tag individual user groups, but as far as I've seen so far none of the users in those user groups are getting alerts from the tags.

I uploaded this add-on to my Xenforo 2.0.3 forum. I can tag individual user groups, but as far as I've seen so far none of the users in those user groups are getting alerts from the tags.
It does require a bit of configuration, but it appears to be working for me:

1521490103735.webp

Ensure you have enabled the following permissions:
  • "Mention user groups"
On the groups you wish to enable ensure "Is mentionable" is ticked.

Just noticed there are no subject lines on quote notification emails & a bonus server error too:

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Macro email:sv_mention_macros:quote_subject is unknown

Just noticed there are no subject lines on quote notification emails & a bonus server error too:

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Macro email:sv_mention_macros:quote_subject is unknown
The build package looks to have missed an update. Will look into rebuilding the redistributable later today.

Xon updated User Mentions Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.2.1 - Feature update

• Fix "Template error: Macro email:sv_mention_macros:quote_subject is unknown"
  • Add '[UMI] View mentionable user group members' permission
    • By default granted to registered and unregistered usergroups.
    • Controls if a user group member can see the member list for public user groups
    • Global option for how completely this is hidden, by default it returns no permission. But can completely hide the user group id (returning a 404), and not render the user group mention...

Read the rest of this update entry...

What does this moderator permission do?

"Enable user mention"
Do you mean "[UMI] Enable user mentions" under Forum Permissions?

By default it is granted to the registered and unregistered user groups. Denying it or revoking it disables user mentions in that forum.

If a user doesn't have this globally, they can't do user mentions in; reports, profile posts, profile post comments.

How is this supposed to work exactly? I've enabled the user mention groups permission for my usergroup and and set it to unlimited. I have a user group called "Writers" and I've tried using @Writers, but it doesn't seem to work.

That function hasn't been implemented in the XF2 version, looks like I forgot to remove the options for it.

I plan to re-introduce in another add-on once the feature is expanded.
Hi xon, any update for add this feature?
thanks.

Hi xon, any update for add this feature?
thanks.
The plan is to add it into User Essentials as part of some other mention improvement bits but I've been very busy with other add-ons so it isn't finished yet :(

Hi @Xon. The add-on throws some exceptions/errors but cannot determine the condition. Problem's shown in the Stack trace:

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(100): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('is_')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s5/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(481): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('is_')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#3 src/XF/Pub/App.php(449): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:PAGE_CON...', Array)
#4 src/XF/App.php(1726): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#7 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}
Want me to also post the Request state?

Bottom line is I have a huge server errors list of that same specific error ever since having installed the add-on. Trying to understand the cause.

Another weird thing is the mention pop-up works for some users, doesn't for others. Example: user1 mentions user2; user2 receives the notification; user2 mentions user1; user1 doesn't receive the notification. Any idea what might be the cause based on the above error? Anything to do with the user names, properties, states perhaps?

BR,
STN

Attachments

• x.webp
    x.webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 10
I would need the request state as it includes the URL and hints on the controller which triggered this.

This may be an add-on conflict with something, but that "is_" call isn't coming from my code. I think this is a ThemeHouse Reactions add-on conflict, but I don't have access to it so troubleshooting is difficult.

Top Bottom