User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
Translated by Google

Hi, I would like 2 things important:
1. Move to a user group if someone e.g. 90 days did not write anything.

2. Move to a user group if someone was not online for 9 months.

Is this possible with this AddOn?

LG: Tammy

This add-on is for mentioning usergroups and not for usergroup up/downgrades.

You are searching for user criteria enhancement.

Reactions: Xon
The group pop-up easily hits the memory limit as it isn't paged. Sending large amounts alerts/emails should be ok now since XF2 sends them via a background task

This means I should use the user group mention only for groups with a few members, like mods/admins and the mention/quote alert emails would work fine with the registered members as it's a background task? Any recommendations on how many members would work correctly for user group mentions within the default memory limit?

This means I should use the user group mention only for groups with a few members, like mods/admins and the mention/quote alert emails would work fine with the registered members as it's a background task? Any recommendations on how many members would work correctly for user group mentions within the default memory limit?
It is two separate things. Sending alerts for posts is done via a background task. Viewing groups however loads every user in that group.

It should be fine for a couple hundred, but displaying thousands to tens of thousands of users is going to be slow and take up memory.

How feasible is a "Most mentions" section for Notable users on the Member list?

Would the performance impact be too great, or could it be done? :)

It would require tracking mentions, and building a counter. Likely a feature I'ld add to User Essentials as it is already extracting and recording mentions to the database.

Can I have some help with the following error. This started to appear this morning when mentioning groups. Not happened before.

Code:
    ErrorException: Push notification failure: {"success":false,"endpoint":{},"message":"cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds (see http:\/\/curl.haxx.se\/libcurl\/c\/libcurl-errors.html)"} src/XF/Error.php:75

Generated by: Unknown account Mar 13, 2019 at 8:53 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF.php(187): XF\Error->logError('Push notificati...', false)
#1 src/XF/Service/PushNotification.php(243): XF::logError('Push notificati...')
#2 src/XF/Service/PushNotification.php(167): XF\Service\PushNotification->handleResults(Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/Service/PusherTrait.php(87): XF\Service\PushNotification->sendNotifications()
#4 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(147): XF\Service\Alert\Pusher->push()
#5 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(111): XF\Repository\UserAlert->insertAlert(48, 2, '*******', 'post', 255630, 'mention', Array)
#6 src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(17): XF\Repository\UserAlert->alert(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 2, 'MarcusJonesy', 'post', 255630, 'mention', Array)
#7 src/XF/Notifier/AbstractNotifier.php(55): SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Repository\UserAlert->alert(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 2, 'MarcusJonesy', 'post', 255630, 'mention', Array)
#8 src/XF/Notifier/Post/Mention.php(29): XF\Notifier\AbstractNotifier->basicAlert(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 2, 'MarcusJonesy', 'post', 255630, 'mention')
#9 src/XF/Service/AbstractNotifier.php(86): XF\Notifier\Post\Mention->sendAlert(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User))
#10 src/XF/Service/AbstractNotifier.php(44): XF\Service\AbstractNotifier->notifyType(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Notifier\Post\Mention), Array, G)
#11 src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Service/Post/Notifier.php(31): XF\Service\AbstractNotifier->notify(G)
#12 src/XF/Job/Notifier.php(33): SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Service\Post\Notifier->notify(G)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\Notifier->run(G)
#14 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#15 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#16 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#17 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/community/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(89) "https://***********/community/index.php?threads/season-26-in-or-out.25834/page-3"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Can I have some help with the following error. This started to appear this morning when mentioning groups. Not happened before.

Code:
    ErrorException: Push notification failure: {"success":false,"endpoint":{},"message":"cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds (see http:\/\/curl.haxx.se\/libcurl\/c\/libcurl-errors.html)"} src/XF/Error.php:75

Generated by: Unknown account Mar 13, 2019 at 8:53 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF.php(187): XF\Error->logError('Push notificati...', false)
#1 src/XF/Service/PushNotification.php(243): XF::logError('Push notificati...')
#2 src/XF/Service/PushNotification.php(167): XF\Service\PushNotification->handleResults(Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/Service/PusherTrait.php(87): XF\Service\PushNotification->sendNotifications()
#4 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(147): XF\Service\Alert\Pusher->push()
#5 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(111): XF\Repository\UserAlert->insertAlert(48, 2, '*******', 'post', 255630, 'mention', Array)
#6 src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(17): XF\Repository\UserAlert->alert(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 2, 'MarcusJonesy', 'post', 255630, 'mention', Array)
#7 src/XF/Notifier/AbstractNotifier.php(55): SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Repository\UserAlert->alert(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 2, 'MarcusJonesy', 'post', 255630, 'mention', Array)
#8 src/XF/Notifier/Post/Mention.php(29): XF\Notifier\AbstractNotifier->basicAlert(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 2, 'MarcusJonesy', 'post', 255630, 'mention')
#9 src/XF/Service/AbstractNotifier.php(86): XF\Notifier\Post\Mention->sendAlert(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User))
#10 src/XF/Service/AbstractNotifier.php(44): XF\Service\AbstractNotifier->notifyType(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Notifier\Post\Mention), Array, G)
#11 src/addons/SV/UserMentionsImprovements/XF/Service/Post/Notifier.php(31): XF\Service\AbstractNotifier->notify(G)
#12 src/XF/Job/Notifier.php(33): SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Service\Post\Notifier->notify(G)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\Notifier->run(G)
#14 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#15 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#16 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#17 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/community/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(89) "https://***********/community/index.php?threads/season-26-in-or-out.25834/page-3"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
This error is unrelated to my add-on, and is a network issue or similar creating push notifications

Upgraded to XF 2.1.1 and this seems to have stopped working. It will let me type in a usergroup and select it when creating a post but no alert is sent out and the usergroup link in the post doesnt show. Just shows as @usergroupname

Upgraded to XF 2.1.1 and this seems to have stopped working. It will let me type in a usergroup and select it when creating a post but no alert is sent out and the usergroup link in the post doesnt show. Just shows as @usergroupname

I can confirm this issue on my board also. @Xon

Last edited:
I can confirm this as well. It allows you to tag but then the user group doesn't stay highlighted, it goes black. No notifications given.

After a few days I have been informed that the mentioned groups do not receive notification
You need to ensure group mentions are enabled for users, and the group is mentionable, and finally the users are permitted to mention enough users to cover a group they are mentioning (ie XF mention limit, a group with 100 people but the user is only permitted to mention 10 people; only 10 people get mentioned when mentioning that group)

Top Bottom