User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
I uninstalled this addon.

Then I deleted all the addon files via FTP.

Now I can't access either the forum or the admin page. I just get this:

Code:
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Any suggestions?

It is very likely you deleted too many files, or didn't wait for the uninstall process to finish.

You'll need to dig into the xf_error_log table to see the actual error message, or enable debug mode so the actual error is printed out.

I cannot access the admin page to set debug mode.

Can I do this via the config file?

I think I found it. Add this to config file?

Code:
$config['debug'] = true;

Here is the error:

Code:
An exception occurred: [Exception] Could not find class SV\ContactUsThread\XF\Entity\User when attempting to extend XF\Entity\User in src/XF/Extension.php on line 174

XF\Extension->extendClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 53
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 123
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->find() in src/XF/Repository/User.php at line 24
    XF\Repository\User->getVisitor() in src/XF/App.php at line 1767
    XF\App->getVisitorFromSession() in src/XF/Admin/App.php at line 53
    XF\Admin\App->start() in src/XF/App.php at line 2174
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

I reuploaded all the XF 2.1.3 files to the server though and I still get that error.

Added: I should note that what I tried to uninstall was version 2.4.4 of your add-on, not the latest version. That vserver is still running PHP 7.1.x

It looks like you deleted the src/addons/SV directory instead of just src/addons/UserMentionImprovements directory. This will break all my add-ons you have installed.

I don't believe there were any other of your addons on this forum. But I will try to upload that directory again.

Ah... I forgot about your Contact Us thread addon.

Reuploaded the src folder for that and I have access again.

Thank you!

It would be awesome if the add-on sorted by the usernames shown by how many posts the users have. For forums with a lot of users, it would be much easier to use if you sorted by total posts since those are probably the people you are trying to mention :)

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 2.04.03 PM.webp

Replacing how username matching works is something on my to-do list. It would likely be part of ElasticSearch Essentials since a lot of the username matching limitations come from how it queries MySQL for usernames.

I got an error in the file check system on a custom avatar for a group. How can i fix this?

1566467388699.webp

Also: I have a User called Sitename. I also have a group Sitename-Staff that is mentionable. Even though i type @Sitename and select the Sitename-Staff in the final post the user is mentioned, not the group.

I got an error in the file check system on a custom avatar for a group. How can i fix this?

View attachment 208925
I'ld recommend copying the file you changes, and updating groups to use that instead.

You would need to re-upload the add-on to update the file, or just edit the hashes.json file to remove the reference. But updating the add-on will update the hashes.json & image file.

Also: I have a User called Sitename. I also have a group Sitename-Staff that is mentionable. Even though i type @Sitename and select the Sitename-Staff in the final post the user is mentioned, not the group.
This is a known issue and is related to how XF does username matching, and why I've got the Username Restrictions (free) add-on which prevents people being named like groups are.

One way to work around this is user 'Staff-sitename' instead for the user-group name.

Thank you for great add-on as usually @Xon :)

I have a few question;

1) I didn't take a push notification if my group is tagged, can you implement that? Because, if someone tag me as username, i'm getting the push notification from xenforo 2.1 core feature.

2) Can we add small icon near of the usergroup name after tagged? Standart small icon is nice already when we searching the usergroup, so we can put that icon begin of the @usergroup syntax. So tagged user group understanding easy as an user group instead of member.

3) I run the "update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_quote = 1;" command for older members get the mail when tagged. However, if i want all members get in next too, should i set the default_value = 1 instead of 0 sv_email_on_mention value on xf_option table right?

Thanks

1) It is a known bug for push notifications, it is on the to-do list to fix.
2) User Essentials add-on supports adding avatars/images but this is for usergroups + avatars; not just groups
3) Under "User Registration" options you can change the defaults for new users

Top Bottom