User map [Deleted]

Ive setup the browser and server keys just as the tutorial said, but I cant get it working
Error: This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

I went through the console a billion times and everything is set right....

Anyone have some ideas?

@CrispinP
I switch over from MopedMap addon to yours, and have now to massupdate...

I know the limitations with google - but it is possible to work around this whenn the massupdate first time on day one update the first 2499 entrys, next day (cron?) the next 2499 entrys, ... I think that would be a good idea to be inner the limits from google.
I have around 18.000 members, but I think only 2000 will have a map location entry.

The other point is, I read your faq abaut the XF location field and yours "maplocation" - I have many to do to activate the members to fill in one location field - but two? Thats not realy a good idea. The better way will be to use for the map the orginal location field and for something other, like fun locations a custom field like your maplocation field.
What when I would switch to a other forum software? I have a big chance to import the original location field, but a realy litle chance to import a custom field to. ;)

A realy nice map, but at the moment with the one or other thing whats not so perfekt. :)

I thought that purchasing the extension was instant...
Pretty much the first line in the add-on. Not sure if I could make it clearer?
[New users - please take note]
I appreciate people buying this - I really do. It goes into the beer fund and helps develop it more.
When you do purchase it, you'll get a confirmation from PayPal but not from FetchApp. For reasons no one seems to be able to work out, FetchApp does not work for me.
I will email the install to you within an hour or so of getting the PayPal email. Please do not open disputes with paypal within 31.5 seconds of paying. It's boring.

Yeah maybe one day he'll get FetchApp working correctly.
I've pretty much given up with FetchApp. :( I got one last email from them while I was away which I need to try but am sure I have tried already. Wait and see.

I went through the console a billion times and everything is set right....
What is showing in the console? There should be red errors or yellow warnings. Every time we get the "something's not right" message from google it's because the browser key is wrong or the referrer filter in the google console is to restrictive. Remove all restrictions and see if that works.

I know the limitations with google - but it is possible to work around this whenn the massupdate first time on day one update the first 2499 entrys, next day (cron?) the next 2499 entrys, ... I think that would be a good idea to be inner the limits from google.
I have around 18.000 members, but I think only 2000 will have a map location entry.
The version you have does implement the limit. See bottom of ACP. That will only do n amount a day. Running it again the next day and you'll start where it stopped. The FAQ could do with an update for this :)
Some improvements will come at some point to this which could include a cron job for it.
For now though, you could manually create a cron to call the page each day.

I have many to do to activate the members to fill in one location field - but two?
When you do a mass-update it will try use the map field, if not, the location field.
When a user saves their profile the same happens.
It does not copy it from one to the other though so you cannot see that it's happening but it does encode whichever location it picks up. I do plan on putting some more features in for this to improve it.
If you wanted to update them then some quick SQL could be written to do a copy from one to the other now.

A realy nice map, but at the moment with the one or other thing whats not so perfekt
Thanks. Hopefully it's never perfect - features always need adding... ;)

The version you have does implement the limit. See bottom of ACP. That will only do n amount a day. Running it again the next day and you'll start where it stopped. The FAQ could do with an update for this :)
Some improvements will come at some point to this which could include a cron job for it.
For now though, you could manually create a cron to call the page each day.
Ok, that sounds like a solution for me now. Thanks for answer. :)

I love this add-on and will change from moped map to this - it's so much better supported and has lots if features. Again, thanks a lot!

A minor thing:
Does anybody run this on PHP5.3 - as stated as requirement? Several tries on PHP5.3 resulted in blank pages or a 404 - and it works fine on PHP5.4. But this happens on a different machine, so I'm not sure, if it's just the PHP.

it's so much better supported and has lots if features. Again, thanks a lot!

Does anybody run this on PHP5.3 - as stated as requirement? Several tries on PHP5.3 resulted in blank pages or a 404 - and it works fine on PHP5.4. But this happens on a different machine, so I'm not sure, if it's just the PHP.

Pretty sure I ran it on 5.3 on my server which is what I used as a the min-version. What happens when you do try it? The map page is 404? Is mod_rewrite working?

XF does not really work well without mod_rewrite. What does your post url look like?

If it's a 500 then check your server logs . Also check your apache logs.

Tried uninstalling than reinstalling and get this now-

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'cum_map_location'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Crispin/UserMap/Install/Base.php at line 24
  4. Crispin_UserMap_Install_Base::install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/giantscalenews/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Looks like the uninstall did not work for some reason.

run the following in mysql manager -

Code:
alter table  xf_user_profile drop column cum_map_location;

I'll try recreate it and see.

did still get this when I try to reinstall the addon-

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'cum_map_location'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Crispin/UserMap/Install/Base.php at line 24
  4. Crispin_UserMap_Install_Base::install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/giantscalenews/public_html/admin.php at line 13

ok, now that you've run this, What do you get when you run this:
Code:
SELECT
    COLUMN_NAME
FROM
    information_schema.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA = '<yourDBName>' AND TABLE_NAME = 'xf_user_profile'

Change <yourDBName> to, well, your db name :)

Top Bottom