User map [Deleted]

Hi, I had the same situation. Finally it self-resolved (I changed nothing!) and group update worked...
Now all the 1100 users are shown on the map.

I guess I'll have to keep trying the mass update and hoping it eventually works and doesn't give me that 500 server error.

2141 users on the map! It still works :)

40ae1c5fa116423856bc452cdf206207.png

Mine works fine too (around 3.000 entries). And that's why I would be soooooo happy, if @CrispinP would take up the thread again slowly... and promise a version for XF2 :D
I would be willing to share in funding, additionally to new license costs.

Son of a.....I had just pressed him months ago for some other additional options and pushed him on an XF2 version and it didn't sound like he was giving up. I'm guessing this is the resource removal system/policy in XF taking action, @CrispinP

Thanks that's the word I was looking for. I already pinged @CrispinP on a PC. I had asked him if he would let someone else take over the addon, between this one and the other main one, I like this one better but it needs supported. Hell I'd buy it from him and pay someone to do the coding.

What's the other main one?
It's by XFA but it doesn't have many of the nice features that this one has, but they'll add them for $$$$. If I just had this addon tweaked for the additional features that I wanted (basically merging both feature sets together) it would cost less. I offered but he is rather busy. Hopefully it will either happen (the tweaks) or he will give it up....

It feels like an exodus of plugins. The last two times I've logged in, my two favourite plugins have been deleted...(although it seems the other has now been undeleted)

Technically speaking the developer did delete the addon by not logging in or supporting the addon for a minimum of three months. It’s better that it is removed, rather than people purchasing a unsupported addon.

Come on Ozzy, you can't say that the same as the developer deleting it.

The message is posted against that users avatar. It looks like they're the ones that posted it, when in reality of was the automated cleaning system.

I'm not against the system and you're right in that people perhaps shouldn't be buying from sellers that haven't been active in a certain period of time, but it's definitely not clear what's actually happening and why it was deleted, especially to a member who doesn't visit XF.com that often.

This is the second time in two days the way delete messages on resources are made has been brought up.

We’ve had the housekeeping process in place for over two years, albeit manual at first, but the end result has always been the same - the delete message being by the Resource author.

Despite the behaviour being the same for so long, people are suddenly complaining about it as if it’s something new 🤷‍♂️

This is the second time in two days the way delete messages on resources are made has been brought up.

We’ve had the housekeeping process in place for over two years, albeit manual at first, but the end result has always been the same - the delete message being by the Resource author.

Despite the behaviour being the same for so long, people are suddenly complaining about it as if it’s something new 🤷‍♂️

Exactly, it just happend to be a couple of well liked addons it happened to recently. Which it would not have happened if the developers supported their addons properly on here.

Yeah, sorry, I think I mentioned it, or something in Son's thread. I didn't log back in soon enough to see any replies if there were any though and only saw that my post was deleted when I logged in tonight.

For me it's because it happened at all on a very large and popular plugin. That probably wasn't an issues as much over the last two years on because more active developers would continue to login in regularly. But Son's gallery is a massive plugin, sales of his previous massive V1 plugin I'm sure had slowed, and it has taken a long time to develop V2 of the gallery, as it has taken a long time to roll out XF V2.0 and 2.1. So it was just surprising to see it deleted out of the blue and have it look like Son had deleted it and abandoned the plugin with no explanation.

Was he actually abandoning it? Was it deleted because he gave on on XF2? Was there another reason? It's not beyond comprehension. The ambiguity wasn't good, that's all.

This one was the second time it happened in a few days, so it just caught me off guard and I wanted to voice that it is confusing that the XF deletion against the users avatar is confusing. I wasn't aware of the suggestion thread Ozzy, thanks for pointing it out.

Top Bottom