User map [Deleted]

@CrispinP getting error
Code:
Template Errors: Crispin_UserMap_Index
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in library\XenForo\Template\Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 99:
98: $count = count($DisplayGroups);
99: foreach ($DisplayGroups AS $id => $group)
100: {

I’m using User Map 4.0.1

Because of 25 extra queries for the map I would like to hide it as often as possible.
It's only accessable through members menu and the link in user's member card.

For last thing it would be awesome to show the link only, if an user filled extra location field for map.
Can somebody knowing please provide some code for the member card template, to check if extra location field is filled, otherwise hide the link? Problably one query more, but 25 or more avoided, if a user is not on the map.

For last thing it would be awesome to show the link only, if an user filled extra location field for map.
Can somebody knowing please provide some code for the member card template, to check if extra location field is filled, otherwise hide the link? Problably one query more, but 25 or more avoided, if a user is not on the map.

This is existing functionality. Map icon will only show if extra location field is filled.

What am I doing wrong?
This guy for example is not on the map, the extra field "Map Location" is not filled. But you have the map-link on the member card.

1513185035369.webp

What am I doing wrong?
This guy for example is not on the map, the extra field "Map Location" is not filled. But you have the map-link on the member card.

View attachment 164100

Oh I think the member card always shows I for some reason thought you were referring to the postbit. It should be relatively easy to apply that to the member card.

I was so much hoping on this addon and am happy to use it now. But latest when moving to xf2 somewhen in the next year I have to overthink the situation, since Crispin vanished for months. Of course life, time and interests can change, but the customers should be informed after such a long time.

@CrispinP
Where are you, send us a sign, please.

I noticed my user map only shows maybe 1/4 of all the members on my site. Is this because some of them may have invalid (or empty) locations, or is there something I need to do in regards to updating the plugin?

I noticed my user map only shows maybe 1/4 of all the members on my site. Is this because some of them may have invalid (or empty) locations, or is there something I need to do in regards to updating the plugin?
It will only show members that have locations.

Got it! That's what I figured, but I thought maybe it could grab member's IP addresses and put their location on the map based off their IP address they registered with.

Got it! That's what I figured, but I thought maybe it could grab member's IP addresses and put their location on the map based off their IP address they registered with.
There's an option to fallback to registration IP address, have you tried that? I'm not sure at what point it tries to do that though, whether it updates the location or does it when viewing map only, it's vague.

XFA has multiple IP use options depending on how much you want to force on your users and when it is done. There's also an auto location addon which fills registration location from IP, and I believe when editing profile as well.

There's an option to fallback to registration IP address, have you tried that? I'm not sure at what point it tries to do that though, whether it updates the location or does it when viewing map only, it's vague.

XFA has multiple IP use options depending on how much you want to force on your users and when it is done. There's also an auto location addon which fills registration location from IP, and I believe when editing profile as well.

Yep, I've got the fallback to registration IP address option enabled, but it doesn't appear to be working. Or maybe it is and something else isn't working? Either way, I've got 5157 members on my forum, and on the user map it shows way less than that:

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 4.00.15 PM.webp

Perhaps this IP feature doesn't work as it should?

Top Bottom