User map [Deleted]

I have a "luxury" problem. And since I created my keys almost one year ago without really using them, I can not judge, if it may be a problem with the keys. I simply to not remember, what I did exactly.

Scenario:
  • localhost test installation with XAMP on Win
  • after setting user group permissions admin and registered test users are able to see user map and to edit their "Map location" (not normal XF location field). When they do, their pin is set on map because of the setting "Enable automatic geo-location on user profile save?" in Crispin's add-on options
  • someone helped me and wrote an importer for the "Fossi's vB membermap". The data from that vbulletin user table is concatinated while importing into field "map_location" of table xf_user_field_value. field "map_show_me" is set to "show". Everything looks fine now in database

Here we are:
Is there a way to geo-locate almost 3000 users, when their map_location field was filled by data migratrion, not manually, not via IP, not into normal location field? I did run the massupdate several times, but no additional pin show up on map, only got thousands of "xxxxx not updated".

Any help, please?

Ok, this was easy. Thanks to @JustinHawk for the hint! Rebuilding user caches solved my o.m. problem.

@CrispinP
Hope you are well! I have a suggestion, which seems to be quite obvious and necessary. Probably it was mentioned by others already?
On user profile (or through link on member's card) others can open the map for this user. BUT - with lot's of users it is impossible to find this user on the map, although the map is centered. Imagine ++20 users in a close area on a well populated map - you have to click all of them to find the user you would like to visit, when opening his user profile.

Easy solution would be to have a third input field in the options of your addon:

Default pin colour or url for user on profile map

That way the pin would get a different color or icon und could be found immediatly.

@CrispinP, any idea why I'm getting this error?

Google Maps API error: ApiNotActivatedMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/...pt/error-messages#api-not-activated-map-error

A client of mine paid for your add-on last night. I installed it for him, setup his API key with Google (I'm 100% sure it's activated), but I get that error in the JavaScript error console on his site.

The page in question is here:
https://thefriendlygearpage.com/usermap/

I know how to set this up too, because I have it running just fine on my personal forum. This is just odd...

Great area, was there for 2 weeks on a rent car. Hope you enjoy it too!

I have a strange bug or not:
When I enable your add on - I can't save changes to 20% of users... and that's why they won't appear on the map too. For 80% of users changes save and users appear on the map.

If I disable "Enable automatic geo-location on user profile save?" - the issue doesn't reoccur. So it happens for automatic geo-location of some users during profile save.

Any ideas? The latest version.
Looks like self-resolved (or not, I'm not sure, but the last time I haven't found any users, that can't save profile and mass update made the job!:)
Is it possible for mass update only users, that are not on the map?
How to check in SQL DB, which users are not on the map?

12b65de9670af0d60f516d15aa7facbc.png

Last edited:
Tried a fresh install of 3.8 on my XAMPP development environment and got this Server Error:

Code:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'sedo_perms_input_val' doesn't have a default value

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1638
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1627
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Crispin/UserMap/Install/Base.php at line 35
Crispin_UserMap_Install_Base::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 211
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

I am guessing that "Field 'sedo_perms_input_val' doesn't have a default value" just means it doesn't even exist (yet).
This is because of "Custom User Fields Permissions"; I've uploaded a patched version: https://github.com/Xon/xen_CufPerms/archive/1.0.2.zip

fyi This same bug will block you upgrading to XF2.

Hi there,

Members cannot see their location after saving changes. I found a few pages of errors in my Admin.

"XenForo_Exception: API access to Google was denied. Message:This IP, site or mobile application is not authorized to use this API key. Request received from IP address (redacted)::, with empty referer - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/LocationDecode/Google.php:89"

How would I fix this, please?

Thank you for any help!

Andre

Hello,

I have installed and configured the map add on per instructions. I see the pins or markers for some users. My pin, when I look at it is on the equator by Nigeria and I am in California, same as moderator. In fact every member who looks at their own pin sees that their pin is in the wrong place. By the equator. I have already launched this and now I have many support emails.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. I have not heard back from Crispin and based upon other threads it could take a while to hear back.

Since all pins are not on the map, does this add on gradually add them by cron? I have it set to 2500 per day.

map.webp

Jerry

Last edited:
Sorry to post an issue without reading all 42 pages of this thread....

Just purchased and installed, but not working.

www.3d-dental.com

Not sure what I did wrong?

After reading you FAQ....I think I am to now see the new map by going here? www.3d-dental.com/usermaps ??

Little fuzzy on how this is suppose to work.

Now have a bunch of new server error logs...

Well...I disabled it.

Didn't work and made a lot of server errors.

Install went smooth. Dragged files....installed with XML.....I see it show up in my ACP and the options for the add-on??

I just have no clue how to make it work, and the errors.

I have multiple URL point to my forum.

I get errors listing these other domain names for some reason? Why?

What is ":- cURL" and how the heck do I know if I have it?

Could this be the issue?

Last edited:
You FAQ tell me to go to my forum/usermaps with an "s" at the end.

Your demo have it without the "s". Just usermap (Your link does not work because you added the s btw!) o_O

Also I see your link on your forum just goes to websitename/map

So......which One is suppose to work here? Obviously the usermaps is wrong and I wasted a good while forking around with that.

I see three different ones, but so far none are working for me after install.

come on man! I already regret the purchase and waste time

FAQ: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-map.5188/field?field=faq

to get everything to populate you need to set up the Google API keys etc. This is actually one of the more complex addons to use due to the maps integration, it's kind of a PITA actually and I was quite frustrated with it when I installed it. But any addon that uses google API keys is going to be like this. Just a warning. You might want to read the first 10-20 pages of this thread to get a feeling for it. Search my posts

Thanks for your help.

forget it. loss of money and time.

I don't have all day to research this cr4p and try and figure out what the heck to do.

I still think instructions are not so good. To save frustration I stop now.

Not worth my time to argue anymore or even ask for a refund.

pfft.

Under "Additional requirements" should a long list of crap that needs to be done.
Services joined up through google, cloud this? Key that....? on and on...

Last edited:
Hi all,

I was able to get it working. Seems ok now. I had to run massupdate several times. The user has to enter the address accurately or they will be seen on the equator near Nigeria. lol

@CrispinP

So this showed up a few days ago, seems like browser location isn't working well.

Error: Call to undefined method Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps::updateUserLocation() - library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php:109
Generated By: wuzfuzz, Oct 19, 2017
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/site.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionbrowserlocation()
#1 /var/www/site.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /var/www/site.com/htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#3 {main}
Request State
array(3) { ["url"] => string(58) "https://site.com/usermap/browserlocation" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(6) { ["lat"] => string(7) "49.0385" ["lon"] => string(9) "-122.2944" ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/" ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********" ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json" } }

Top Bottom