User map [Deleted]

I made some screen mockups to support the overhaul of the user interface – as mentioned earlier in this thread. I think actually "seeing" what I was talking about helps better. I would be appreciating if the adjustments below would find their way into the add-on in future releases.

The default Location of the map navigation link
Members User Map Menu.webp

Optional location as its own Nav Tab in the Main Nav
User Map Main Navigation.webp

As additional "tab" in "Profile View" on the user profile
Crispin_User_Map_Member_Profile.webp

Selectable Locations (By Default Member Nav Tab should be preselected*)
Crispin_UserMapACP.webp

*When all locations are deselected, no navigation tab is visible BUT the URL still works, so this could be used with "NODE AS TABS" add-on and thus hide all other buttons (@Floyd R Turbo ). ;)

A picture, as they say, is worth 12 pages of forum posts :)
Thanks - that is a bit clearer. I've actually hidden my Members tab which is perhaps why it was a bit confusing.
Adding to that would be simple - adding another node might be a bit more. Will take a look.

I've just done an update (2.2) which has some nav enhancements, "compliance" changes and and various bug fixes. Group colours now work as expected, some front-end JS bugs resolved and some refactoring of the code to make it a bit cleaner.

As always, feedback is welcome.

No :( Fetchapp is proving to be a real pain. I've been in constant talks with their tech guys and on their advice, killed my original account and created a new one. That too is not working. :(

So, until we can work that out I will manually send it to everyone each time there is a an update. You should have received a PC from me?

1) both. If custom location is provided the that is used. If not, then it falls back to the registration ip.

2) there is an add-on someone wrote which does do auto complete for this add-on. Same functionality. A future version will have direct link.

I've just done an update (2.2) which has some nav enhancements, "compliance" changes and and various bug fixes. Group colours now work as expected, some front-end JS bugs resolved and some refactoring of the code to make it a bit cleaner.
Has the method (compliance?) of users appearing on the map changed? I had 1,500+ total being showed prior to the update, and now only approx. 50 total being showed.

Suggestion: Please make the "Pin Size Self" and "Pin Size User" so that it forces the actual size upon the pins. This has an immense advantage for HD/Retina displays, because then I can create double sized pins while they are displayed half their size and therefore double their resolution. In other words they look sharp on HD/Retina screens like iPad etc.

Has the method (compliance?) of users appearing on the map changed? I had 1,500+ total being showed prior to the update, and now only approx. 50 total being showed.
Nope, nothing should have changed there. Do you have Individual Pins selected? It might be that it's clustering them. I'll PC you on another thing to check

Suggestion: Please make the "Pin Size Self" and "Pin Size User" so that it forces the actual size upon the pins. This has an immense advantage for HD/Retina displays, because then I can create double sized pins while they are displayed half their size and therefore double their resolution. In other words they look sharp on HD/Retina screens like iPad etc.
All I do is pass that size onto the google object which makes the pins. It should then be using it. Does it not?

Can someone help with an error please.
I bought V2.0 yesterday, I think it is installed correctly but I get the error below when inputting my location, Uk in this case:
K5KgTUI.png

Also, is there a set of instructions anywhere for installing and running this properly? I've waded through all the forum posts but I can't find anything like a manual.
Sorry for being thick ;)

Can someone help with an error please.
I bought V2.0 yesterday, I think it is installed correctly but I get the error below when inputting my location, Uk in this case:
K5KgTUI.png

Also, is there a set of instructions anywhere for installing and running this properly? I've waded through all the forum posts but I can't find anything like a manual.
Sorry for being thick ;)

Have you even filled in a Google API in the add-on options?

Back
Top Bottom