XF 1.2 User Group/Staff Banners

In XenForo 1.1, if you want to customize the display of certain users, you're generally limited to user titles and user name styling. However, sometimes this isn't flexible or clear enough. Sometimes you want to be able to draw attention to multiple things for a single user.

Enter user group banners:

ss-2013-05-29_14-57-28.webp

Banners can be configured per user group:

ss-2013-05-29_14-58-30.webp

(I am aware of the first banner on the second column having its top border wrapped back. This is a browser issue that we're looking into.)

You'll note that this set up is similar to how thread prefixes are configured. You can use custom CSS classes to completely change the display of banners (such as by replacing them with images).

I've demonstrated that you can have more than one banner displaying simultaneously. By default, they'll be displayed in the display style group order (highest first). If the user is a staff member, that banner will take priority.

You can disable this option and configure a few different options (globally):

ss-2013-05-29_15-01-15.webp

You'll also note that you have the option to override standard user titles with banners.

These banners are primarily displayed on messages, but they're also shown on profiles. There is a simple template helper function that can be used to display them anywhere.

Not sure if there's any other way, but it can certainly be removed using CSS:

Code:
.userBanner.bannerStaff
{
     display: none;
}

Awesome, only needs two additional features/options in my opinion:
  1. The ability to (optionally) enable a "thread starter" banner that gives the thread starter/original poster a banner in that thread.
  2. A similar banner, but for Style/Addon/etc. developers in a resource discussion thread (this is something I would more like to see implemented here, but would be nice as a feature in the software itself). It would be really useful to have the developer labelled as such with a banner for users who aren't clear on who the original creator is in the discussion.
Thanks!

I would love to see this here for customers, so we as customers know when we're being hoodwinked by non-customers wanting something. Also good to see active customers vs. current customers who have a license upto date.

I would love to see this here for customers, so we as customers know when we're being hoodwinked by non-customers wanting something. Also good to see active customers vs. current customers who have a license upto date.

Not very healthy.
"What do you want? You are not a licenced customer!"

I've had people contact me for things available to customers, and you don't know the person isn't a legit XF customer unless you're staff or ask staff. I believe it has valid purpose here.

My only wish for this is that there's an option to award someone with a group banner saying "POWER POSTER" if their posts per day ratio goes over a certain amount, then is removed if it goes under that.

Gives them an incentive to keep up their post ratio. I'd want the posts per day ratio to be reset every month too so that people who haven't visited the site in a while can still get the banner.

Top Bottom