User Group Promotions

LondonDragon

Hi guys,

Recently upgraded to Xenforo but having an issue with Group Promotions

Due to various upgrade and migrations I am left with 3 User Groups for new members.

New01
New02
New03

I would like to promote members to Registered Group once they reach 25 post.

For some reason this doesn't seem to be working, when will the promotion occur? When the cron job runs for User Group Promotions? Does it work if I run it manually? Does the user need to login for this promotion to take place?

Promotion Options: promotion is active and add user groups Registered is selected.
Apply This Promotion While...: User Groups: user is a member of New01 and Content and Achievements: User has posted at least 25 messages.

I have created one for each New user group.

Many thanks.

Hi guys,

Recently upgraded to Xenforo but having an issue with Group Promotions

Due to various upgrade and migrations I am left with 3 User Groups for new members.

New01
New02
New03

For some reason this doesn't seem to be working, when will the promotion occur? When the cron job runs for User Group Promotions? Does it work if I run it manually? Does the user need to login for this promotion to take place?

Promotion Options: promotion is active and add user groups Registered is selected.
Apply This Promotion While...: User Groups: user is a member of New01 and Content and Achievements: User has posted at least 25 messages.

I have created one for each New user group.

Many thanks.

I think your applying too many criteria (and theres probabaly a mistake somewhere)

Try just setting it to promote them after X number of posts, dont worry about what group they were in previously.

The default Registered group (id: 2) is the destination for new users. It should be treated as such. Give that group appropriate permissions for new registrations, then create a new group that has more permissions which users will be promoted to. That group will be added as a secondary group and will add permissions for the user.

Many thanks, that's where I was going wrong, once I finished making the changes I run the cron job manually and expected that anyone with more than 25 posts would move to the new group.

Promotions are run hourly. You may wish to manually run the cron after creating the promotion:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions -> Controls: Run

And even if you manually run the cron it only processes users who have been active in the last 3 days. If you want to process all users regardless of activity then you need to use this updated version of the cron:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...cron-running-out-of-memory.31541/#post-362657

That will allow you to remove 'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 3) from the file to process all users without memory problems.

Top Bottom