XF 1.5 User Group Promotion Not Working Entirely

PumpinIron

I created a user group promotion but I'm having some serious issues with it.

After creating the promotion I went to rebuild my user group promotion cache. It worked in successfully applying the new user group promotion to part of my members, but not all.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it either, some members got the promotion after rebuilding the caches, others didn't. I tried rebuilding the cache 10 times so far, but still no luck, just the same thing.

Here's a screenshot of my settings for the user group promotion:

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 7.38.34 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 7.39.11 PM.webp

So basically I've got it set to apply to users in any user group except Unregistered / Unconfirmed, and the user has to have 25 posts or more.

Plenty of the users who didn't get the promotion upon rebuilding the cache, had more than 25 posts, so that's not the issue at all. I noticed that I myself as the admin also didn't get the promotion either.

So either I'm doing something wrong, or this is some sort of XenForo bug?

Instead of applying the is NOT in group unregistered apply it to is in group registered. At least that is how I would do it but I also see no reason why it shouldn’t work how you have it.

Instead of applying the is NOT in group unregistered apply it to is in group registered. At least that is how I would do it but I also see no reason why it shouldn’t work how you have it.

Yep, I tried that, and still no luck. It's applying the promotion to some users, but not others. I wish I knew why, because lots of the users it's not applying it to have the right amount of posts, and they also are part of the selected groups.

Did you use the option under rebuild caches to trigger the rebuild? If not, use that. If you used the cron, that only applies to users who have been active within the last few hours (with a potential delay in checking as well). Alternatively, promotions are checked when a user visits again (when they get a new session).

Did you use the option under rebuild caches to trigger the rebuild? If not, use that. If you used the cron, that only applies to users who have been active within the last few hours (with a potential delay in checking as well). Alternatively, promotions are checked when a user visits again (when they get a new session).

Yep, I did use the rebuild caches option.

Oddly enough, I seemed to have solved it by deleting the user group promotion, making a new one with the same name, and then running the rebuild cache tool again.

Not sure why, but that seems to have done it this time around.

Top Bottom