XF 1.2 User Group Promotion Broke

JayX

The system seemed to have been working, but suddenly users have stopped being promoted. Certainly some have, anyway?

Promotion is active and is set to add users to a group when User has received at least 3 positive post ratings and their account status is valid. However even after running the appropriate cron entry users with 3 or more post ratings are not added to the group (and yes their accounts are valid).

What could be the issue here?

I would upgrade to 1.2.5 if you haven't already, just in case.

Also, note that the cron will only apply to recently active users. You should use the rebuild tool if you need it to be applied to all users.

However, otherwise, that's not a standard promotion criteria. I would have to recommend making a promotion based solely on the standard criteria to see if that works.

Considering the non-standard promotion criteria had been working fine, I'm a little confused by the whole thing. I'll try upgrading if you think that could make a difference. Thanks.

The point I was making about the non-standard criteria is that any checking relating to it is governed by an add-on's code, so I couldn't make any comment about it. If the promotion doesn't work for all standard criteria, then we can look into it from that perspective, but the "unknown" has to be removed. If it suddenly stops working, something must have triggered it, but the key is to identify what.

Top Bottom