XF 2.2 User for command line upgrade

daimpa

I'll run an upgrade from command line. I don't want to have problems with files ownership. I'll download the files from the customer area and then upload. Then run the command line upgrade. Which user should execute it? I've WHM/CPANEL vps. I can login in command line both as cpanl user or whm user. Could you tell me what to do precisely?

Do I need to check anything specific about file user/group ownership?

I see this has been answered in a ticket, but generally speaking, the ideal is the user PHP is running as. This varies depending on server configuration, though it's often your cPanel user.

Saying that, we generally try to detect what files are writable as the current user and change behavior (in terms of chmod) as necessary.

I see this has been answered in a ticket, but generally speaking, the ideal is the user PHP is running as. This varies depending on server configuration, though it's often your cPanel user.

Saying that, we generally try to detect what files are writable as the current user and change behavior (in terms of chmod) as necessary.
Yes I'll proceed with cpanel user, previously I've assigned files to that user, I'm uploading upgrade files with that chanel user, so everything should be fine, I hope

Top Bottom