XF 2.2 Do I need to perform a command line upgrade?

Semper Fidelis

I have about 1.5M posts on my board.

When I upgraded from 1.x to 2.0.1 it failed because it was a large forum.

Is the upgrade from 2.1.x to 2.2.0 likely to fail as well? Is it as "intensive" as the 1.x to 2.1 upgrade was?

I ask because the command line upgrade wreaked havoc on file and folder ownership and I'd like to avoid that debacle again if unnecessary.

I know that nobody can assure me this will work. I've got a backup if this fails but I wanted to get a sense of the "load" to see if it's worth trying a web based upgrade.

The upgrader will tell you if CLI is recommended.

The cut off is 500k posts, or 50k members.

You can try using the web browser but large table alters may fail and there will be timeouts, etc.

You should resolve the issue with the CLI upgrader - the server must be misconfigured if there were issues with file ownership.

The upgrader will tell you if CLI is recommended.

The cut off is 500k posts, or 50k members.

You can try using the web browser but large table alters may fail and there will be timeouts, etc.

You should resolve the issue with the CLI upgrader - the server must be misconfigured if there were issues with file ownership.

I'm not sure it's a "misconfiguration" per se but the webserver user, e.g. apache/nginx will own the files if installed/upgraded via the browser and a user SSHing in might not have access to overwrite those files. That happens to us every time and I need to login as the root user and change ownership manually.

Top Bottom