User complaining about not being able to login at work?

PumpinIron

Okay, I have a user on my forum who tells me that he can view my forum just fine (as a guest) at work, but when he tries to login to my forum he gets the following error message:

84638F11-7A8E-4EB9-B226-BD9A0A2397C8_zpssmsu7vt5.webp

He tells me that he can login just fine without any error messages from his smart phone or his home computer, this just happens at work.

My thought is that this might be related to IT security from within his work network. However, he said he can get into any other Internet forums just fine.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this on their board?

My thought is that this might be related to IT security from within his work network. However, he said he can get into any other Internet forums just fine.
I would say, looking at the screenshot, it is related to some corporate system implemented by his IT department to block access to certain websites. There will be nothing you can do to stop that from happening, and he will have to speak to his IT department to get it whitelisted in their system.

This is what I figured, I just thought I would ask.

Is that odd though that he can login to other forums on the Internet without issue though? I told him maybe the reason for that is that some of those other forums have been around for over a decade, where as mine is only 2 months old.

This is what I figured, I just thought I would ask.

Is that odd though that he can login to other forums on the Internet without issue though? I told him maybe the reason for that is that some of those other forums have been around for over a decade, where as mine is only 2 months old.

I have the same issue with few members can't do much about it .

The underlying cause could vary. Your site could be wrongly categorised or not even categorised at all. It's usually configurable very easily by the IT department, though whether they're willing to is another question ;)

You'd be surprised. When I worked in a similar IT department we were only attempting to block certain categories of sites and everything else was fine within an acceptable use policy. Sometimes sites were wrongly categorised and we would unblock them on request.

Odd that he can view it as a guest, but not when he tries to log in. That would indicate it's not blocking by hostname (or IP) but objecting to something else either in the URL or maybe what the board is sending back?

Might be worthwhile getting your URL reviewed and categorised w/reputation for the SmartFilter database here: https://trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url

I know a lot of proxies out there use that list. Some proxies will automatically block websites that are "uncategorised", it's unlikely they'd target your forum individually..

Top Bottom