User Activity by Xon

User Activity by Xon 2.13.4

No permission to download

Xon

Any chance of some screenshots and what's performance like on busy/huge threads?
This is for XF2, but the XF1 version is here, latest stable is; here. The XF2 version's core code is actually identical to the XF1's core code, and it is just the display and a few minor bits which are different. They should have the some performance characteristics. Both require redis.

The XF1 version handles a single thread with +600 users in <15 minutes fine, however it will only display the latest 150 users because the list gets too big. It also handles having tens of thousands of threads of threads being active.

This add-on is based off [RainDD] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread), but without the 'viewed' part and just shows users viewing. And has functionally identical display & permissions.

Any idea how it scales to 3000+ users on a single thread?
This add-on doesn't require any database operations, as it stores a timestamp + tiny json blob when the user visits a thread. On display, it is purely reading from the pre-thread activity bucket as a single redis call.

In my dev environment; for 8900 users it takes ~0.07 seconds to fetch the recent activity data. Add's ~260 kilobytes of memory usage to the php request and consumes ~320 kilobytes of redis' smemory.

I'ld be impressed if you have +3000 users inside of 15 minutes, and I'm positive it'll handle it well :)

I'ld be impressed if you have +3000 users inside of 15 minutes, and I'm positive it'll handle it well :)

For 360 odd days of the year we don't but for a couple of days we do (it's a football forum so deadline day is crazy).

We had 5000+ users (well, members+guests) hitting pretty much one thread at peak times yesterday.

No working at me end. Can you please share a screenshot so we can get an idea on how does it work exactly.

Thanks

I can't seem to get this working either.

Installed phpredis and redis cache addon, checked permissions for "View users who are viewing content" - still can't see anything.

I'll have a look as there might be a missing dependency (this is why it is in 'beta'!), as it is working in my dev environment. Ugh.

I can't seem to get this working either.

Installed phpredis and redis cache addon, checked permissions for "View users who are viewing content" - still can't see anything.
Are all the template modifications applying?

Can you guide me how to install phpredis? Thanks in advance.

I am on a cPanel server running PHP7 so this may not apply to you. If you are on cPanel you can install Redis PHP PECL module from “WHM -> Software -> Module Installers”.

I am on a cPanel server running PHP7 so this may not apply to you. If you are on cPanel you can install Redis PHP PECL module from “WHM -> Software -> Module Installers”.

Im also on cPanel and running PHP7 but im not seem to find the way to install the extension. Is it under software menu?

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.21.32 PM.webp

That is where Module Installers should be. Search 'module' in the sidebar to see if it comes up. If not, contact your host and ask them to install phpredis for you.

Reactions: KSA
Top Bottom