URL Portion

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

I'm using my forum with custom - "URL Portion" will a forum category have this for support as if I make forums like /help/ and /news/ its annoying if I make a category named "General" and it shows up like /#general.1

Is there a way to edit the categories then so it shows like /#general instead of /#general.1 - wow your fast at replying brogan...

That won't be an option because it'll end up being too easy to accidentally hit something else that has an ID like that.

OK, so my URL portions would be better with the ID in as well like /suggestions-and-feedback.3/ instead of /suggestions-and-feedback/ as if I only have forums without the ID and the categories with the ID it would look silly?

OK, so my URL portions would be better with the ID in as well like /suggestions-and-feedback.3/ instead of /suggestions-and-feedback/ as if I only have forums without the ID and the categories with the ID it would look silly?
No, it's really up to you. If you want the ID in there, don't enter a URL portion. But for categories that link with the hash, we can't just link to #general because of the ease with which this can interfere with something that may already exist.

Even if URL portions are added for categories, it will really only apply if you create pages for them.

Top Bottom