1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URL Portion

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by kuyenmotdivad, Feb 16, 2012.

1. kuyenmotdivad

kuyenmotdivad Active Member

I'm using my forum with custom - "URL Portion" will a forum category have this for support as if I make forums like /help/ and /news/ its annoying if I make a category named "General" and it shows up like /#general.1
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Categories don't support URL portions.

I have already suggested this.
  3. kuyenmotdivad

Is there a way to edit the categories then so it shows like /#general instead of /#general.1 - wow your fast at replying brogan...
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That won't be an option because it'll end up being too easy to accidentally hit something else that has an ID like that.
  5. kuyenmotdivad

OK, so my URL portions would be better with the ID in as well like /suggestions-and-feedback.3/ instead of /suggestions-and-feedback/ as if I only have forums without the ID and the categories with the ID it would look silly?
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No, it's really up to you. If you want the ID in there, don't enter a URL portion. But for categories that link with the hash, we can't just link to #general because of the ease with which this can interfere with something that may already exist.

Even if URL portions are added for categories, it will really only apply if you create pages for them.
    kuyenmotdivad likes this.