1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 [URGENT] The error message is in the JavaScript console.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Xyphien, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Xyphien

Xyphien Active Member

I just upgraded my site to https:// and when I went to log back in after changing everything I now get a:

The following error occurred
    The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

I cannot log in, register or do anything on my site now, and cannot log into the admin cp or anything. How do I fix this?

Also, when I go to log into the forum it brings me to the registration page and then gives me an error.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Revert the changes or use the browser inspector (F12 -> Console) to get details on the error.

3. Xyphien

Xyphien Active Member

I have the console open, what should I be looking for?

4. Xyphien

Xyphien Active Member

Code:
    Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
    xenforo.js?_v=687b53ae:222 XenForo.activate(#document)
    xenforo.js?_v=687b53ae:258 Unable to find menu for Popup e.fn.init[1]
    xenforo.js?_v=687b53ae:258 Unable to find menu for Popup e.fn.init[1]
    xenforo.js?_v=687b53ae:222 XenForo.activate(e.fn.init[1])
    xenforo.js?_v=687b53ae:209 XenForo.init() 65ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev
    xenforo.js?_v=687b53ae:222 XenForo.activate(e.fn.init[1])
    xenforo.js?_v=687b53ae:347 setTimeout a4084bd1302044b3780ad4d0adba1d6f

Attached Files:

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It looks like it was displaying an error about an empty field not being recognized. I went to the site in question and I just got a protocol error when clicking the login button, which may be related. You'll want to try to work that out first I think.

I would confirm the issues on the default style with add-ons disabled. Your style has a different approach to logging in so it may be relevant.

6. Xyphien

Xyphien Active Member

I can't access the admin cp either, so idk how I would go about doing that.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. Xyphien

Xyphien Active Member

I wasn't able to, however I just had my host redo a lot of stuff, and I'm now able to log in to the forums, and to the admin.php (I wasn't able to before).

upload_2016-2-4_15-28-11.png
    However, I still get this when trying to remove my 2 step verification.

Now that I can go into my admin.php how do I go about solving this issue? "The server responded with an error. The error message is in the javascript console." Where do I go to find the JavaScript console, and how do I know what to do when I find the error, would you be able to talk me through this by any chance?