Lack of interest Upvote - Downvote Indicators

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Neutral Singh

An observation: When I go to upvote a post, the arrow ( ^ ) is correctly pointing upwards...
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 1.59.44 AM.png

But if I have a change of mind, I decide to undo the vote, even then the arrow is still pointing upwards, imho it should automatically indicate downwards to downvote from a logical point of view...
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 1.59.52 AM.png

Last edited:
Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I now realise we were talking about different things.

just let it go )
someone already got the money for his work, might already spent it. no way he will admit, that new 'vote & unvote' system, that we were presented, is the same old 'like & unlike' system, but more confusing, because it deducts points after hitting an up arrow icon, which will not look logical to a regular user.

how requested and useful this feature at a regular forum? for mine it's as user profile banners. not just useless, but harmful.

I'm looking forward to getting some actual real life user feedback on this now we have a beta release. Obviously many people here are developers or forum owners who are more used to things like Stack Whatever.

There has also been quite a bit of misunderstanding here, many comments are not about trying to change what happens with the sums in the voting system, merely the way it's visually presented.

For a start, I think this will help, it's so much more intuitive to think of an icon as a toggle, as opposed to thinking of an arrow as a toggle. An icon such as thumbs up seems like a static symbol of approval, whereas an arrow is more of a call to action, e.g. click here to go up by an increment

Anyway, I's prefer it to be horizontal - but I really think swapping icons will help:

Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 11.07.30.png

Top Bottom