Cannot reproduce Uploading Files in IE11

nrep

Uploading Files in IE11 doesn't seem to work - it gives an error like this:

The uploaded file is empty.

È€

I've tried this on my 1.2.1 sites and also here on XF, which seems to be using a newer version as the editor now works in IE11 (although with some glitching to the left editor border).

Report the glitch with the editor left border separately (with screenshots).

As for this error, just to clarify, do you get the same uploading error here at XF.com?

The reason the editor works here is because a pre-release version XenForo 1.2.2 is running here and it now includes jQuery 1.10.2 which fixed some bugs with the editor.

If you don't get the uploading bug here then you can consider it fixed.

Cheers, will report the glitching in another thread.

Yep, happens here on XF too:

I've tried this on my 1.2.1 sites and also here on XF, which seems to be using a newer version as the editor now works in IE11 (although with some glitching to the left editor border).

I think you can only get that with the Flash uploader. However, I just installed the latest version of Flash in my IE11 VM and I'm not able to reproduce it. This may be an issue with Flash not being totally compatible with that version of IE or other weird circumstances (network shares, file permissions).

I doubt we can do much about this as that's basically an error returned by Flash. Users can disable the Flash uploader though.

Yes, I've just tested the non-flash version and it works fine. However, the flash version fails on two Windows 8.1 machines, which come with IE11.

Once a newer version of Flash comes out, I'll test it again and update this thread if there's any change.

Top Bottom