XF 1.5 Uploaded pictures are sideways

tommydamic68

Is it possible that the newest Xenforo update would have effected members uploading pictures and them being sideways? Avatars also.

Also, I went to the media gallery and tried to rotate one of the sideways pics with the media tool rotate and I get this error. Not sure if its anything to do with the other issue.

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 6.17.18 PM.webp

I have not experiences any sideway issues with images/avatars myself. With regard to the error that you posted, it looks like it is related to disc space issues.

I have seen avatars that are turned 90 degrees, I'm using ImageMagick PECL Extension.
I tried to find out why but with my tests with exif data everything was ok so I gave up :confused:
But that's not only in the last version, this is since last year.

The newest update wouldn't change anything. You recently moved servers though didn't you? Most likely that you don't have the necessary PHP extension, which in this case would be "exif".

As for that fatal error, it's a memory limit error. This is something you'd want to change in php.ini. The default is 128M (yours appears to be 64M).

The newest update wouldn't change anything. You recently moved servers though didn't you? Most likely that you don't have the necessary PHP extension, which in this case would be "exif".

As for that fatal error, it's a memory limit error. This is something you'd want to change in php.ini. The default is 128M (yours appears to be 64M).
Thanks @Mike - that appears to be the issue, EXIF was not enabled on my server and the memory limit was set to 32M, I thought these setting would have carried over from my shared account to the VPS.

Top Bottom