1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Uploaded pictures are sideways

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tommydamic68, Feb 27, 2016.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the newest Xenforo update would have effected members uploading pictures and them being sideways? Avatars also.

2. tommydamic68

Also, I went to the media gallery and tried to rotate one of the sideways pics with the media tool rotate and I get this error. Not sure if its anything to do with the other issue.

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 6.17.18 PM.png

3. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I have not experiences any sideway issues with images/avatars myself. With regard to the error that you posted, it looks like it is related to disc space issues.

4. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I have seen avatars that are turned 90 degrees, I'm using ImageMagick PECL Extension.
    I tried to find out why but with my tests with exif data everything was ok so I gave up :confused:
    But that's not only in the last version, this is since last year.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The newest update wouldn't change anything. You recently moved servers though didn't you? Most likely that you don't have the necessary PHP extension, which in this case would be "exif".

As for that fatal error, it's a memory limit error. This is something you'd want to change in php.ini. The default is 128M (yours appears to be 64M).

6. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

7. tommydamic68

Thanks @Mike - that appears to be the issue, EXIF was not enabled on my server and the memory limit was set to 32M, I thought these setting would have carried over from my shared account to the VPS.