XF 1.1 Upgrading to 1.1 not succesfull

Raitsa

Hey guys, this is what I get after trying to update to 1.1 from 1.0.4, error shows after step2.
I have 2 Xenforo sites, the other site upgraded to 1.1 ok though.
Any ideas what to do next?

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'vbulletinHuoltis.xf_identity_service' doesn't exist
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in /home/xxx/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in /home/xxx/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in /home/xxx/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /home/xxx/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in /home/xxx/library/XenForo/Install/Upgrade/1010031-100b1.php at line 374
  6. XenForo_Install_Upgrade_1010031->step3() in /home/xxx/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 115
  7. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRun() in /home/xxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /home/xxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/install/index.php at line 17

I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel: seems like restoring the database did not work as it should and now the website host has done it:

"We are right now restoring from yesterday's backup. Since it is so big
(250 mb gzipped) it may take a little while longer for all of the data to
be there. We don't know if it failed due to the name being uppercase (we
now convert all db names to lower case), or the restore was just lengthy
and got interrupted. So, if you don't see all of it back in a couple of
hours or less, just let me know. Very sorry for the inconvenience."

The site is now visible and i can log into it; now i just dont if i should carry on with the upgrade or not.
And not sure if the database restoring is fully done yet either :)

Shalli go ahead with the upgrade again? Seems like i cant access the admin panel any other way?

725fa064dd447b0e4a0d64fb3aac8313.png

Which set of files do you currently have on the server; 1.0.4 or 1.1.0 Beta 1?

The files will need to match the backup which has been restored.

You should not upgrade just now, at least wait for the beta 2 to be released.
For now, just upload all 1.0.4 package files and you should be fine, don't forget to make fresh backup of you DB.

I think that the restored XF files are a few days old, therefore 1.0.4.
The database is more than 24hrs old, so in all theory they should match.

(I started the 1.1.0 upgrade about 21 hrs ago).

I used the newer backup of the site and managed to start to update to 1.1 again, in step for it stopped to this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::avatarHtml() in /home/XXX/huoltovalikko.keskustelupalstat.com/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(262) : eval()'d code on line 1174

And now it stops after step 2 to the familiar empty table error just like before:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'vbulletinHuoltis.xf_identity_service' doesn't exist

Aint life great. (y)

I did already after Brogan´s suggestion to do that, but Mike encountered the same probs: empty tables.

The website host in US was then able to restore the database, so i must ask em to restore a database again :(

After that, i dont really know how to proceed. Well i know how to mess it up again...

Top Bottom