1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Upgrading problem..

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Mr. Blogger, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Mr. Blogger

Mr. Blogger Active Member

I'm upgrading from 1.0.4 It still was a fresh install of 1.0.4 only a few catagories, etc. Setup and I get this error when upgrading..

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

xf_smilie.sprite_mode should have been added during the upgrade to 1.1. I didn't have this problem during my upgrade.

Did you encounter any errors when running the upgrade script? Check your xf_upgrade_log table in the database. There should be a record of an upgrade in there for version_id 1010031. If that is missing then perhaps the upgrade didn't complete successfully.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You likely haven't uploaded the files fully as it doesn't look like you've actually run the upgrade steps. Did it take you through a bunch of steps before it got to "rebuilding"?

Looks like you've uploaded some files but not all.

4. Mr. Blogger

It told me to login which I did. Then it started upgrading. I reuploaded all the files like 5 times now so I don't think I missed any.

5. Mr. Blogger

Also I check xf_upgrade_log it is there.

6. Jake Bunce

Please confirm that you see version_id 1010031:

Screen shot 2011-10-05 at 1.57.57 PM.png

7. Mr. Blogger

8. Jake Bunce

Weird. According to the upgrade log it completed.

Can you confirm that the xf_smilie table does not have the sprite_mode column?

9. Mike

You may need to revert to your backup.

Is the file library/Install/Upgrade/1010031-100b1.php there? (wow, just noticed the typo in that)

10. Mr. Blogger

@Jake Bunce,

Yes do you want me to make another screenshot? It is not there.

@Mike

When I downloaded the upgrade stuff from the client area I never got anything that went to the library named that that goes to library/Installs/Upgrade

11. Mike

Not sure what to suggest then - as that's the big thing that's missing and will cause all matter of issues.

I'd probably say, revert to your backup, redownload the zip, reupload, ensure that file is there (if it's not, you're always going to have problems), and try the upgrade again.

12. Mr. Blogger

I redownloaded the 1.1.0 beta twice and it never came with the so called 'Install' folder that goes under the library.

13. Mike

Argh, sorry - library/XenForo/Install/Upgrade/1010031-100b1.php

14. Mr. Blogger

Oh yah that exists.

15. Mike

Revert to your backup and try again please.

16. Mr. Blogger

I restored, and done it again. Still got the error so I just saved my forum setup (how I setup my catagories, forum, subforum, etc.) on a .txt file and just going to fresh install 1.1.

17. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

The8thLegion got this after installing Post Ratings.

18. Befy

Befy Member

I have the same problem how can I solve it pleaseeee :(

19. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

No need to necro post in every thread you can find... this isn't even the same error as yours...

Befy likes this.